2 days left
- Full Time
Airswift Opportunity - Procurement Specialist - LaPorte, TX
Airswift has been tasked by one of our major O&G clients to seek a Procurement Specialist to join them on a 6-months to perm contract or long term contract in LaPorte, TX.
The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for defining and implementing key metrics, tools and systems to create alignment with the organization's strategic goals and objectives. The successful candidate will utilize their experience to develop and implement a strategic approach in regard to supplier selection and interface with the manufacturing site as well as measuring, reporting and improving supplier performance.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Provide procurement best practice guidance and oversight of the site procurement process in close partnership with the US Buying Team
- Site Contractor performance management and oversight
- Support development of the sourcing strategies and ongoing improvement initiatives to maximize the value delivered from the supply base
- Support stores optimization
Previous education & experience required:
- Bachelor's degree in Purchasing or a related field such as Business, Supply Chain, Logistics or relevant area.
- Strong strategic focus with a minimum of 5 years' experience in Procurement/Stores/Logistics/Engineering with a background in purchasing materials in support of a complex manufacturing (chemical) operation
- Strong working knowledge of SAP