Our client, a major oil and gas company is seeking an Infrastructure Architect to work within their facilities located in Houston, TX. This will be for an intitial W2 - 6 month contract which will be subject to extension.
Experience in the IT industry (heavy industry experience favorable).
- Ability to negotiate with business acumen relating to technical issues and queries.
- Excellent documentation skills. The company will provide standard driven document templates and stencils.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. The role will require interaction with a large number of stakeholders.
- Technical and Architecture background essential.
- Background in operating & supporting large-scale mission critical server, storage and network environments.
- Wide exposure to different hardware, operating systems, and network platforms.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good understand of ITIL and related processes.
- Process oriented service delivery mindset with a strong focus on continuous improvement.
- Knowledge and experience creating Infrastructure Strategy and Roadmaps
- Knowledge and experience creating Standards and Reference Architecture
- Knowledge and experience creating High Level Designs and Low Level Designs
- Knowledge and experience with both Information Technology and Operational Technology control systems with respect to hosting and network infrastructure
- Architecture Methodologies and frameworks for reviewing, scoring, and organizing complex companywide architectures.
- Knowledge and experience of hosting technologies including: Hyper-converged infrastructure, Converged Infrastructure, VMware virtualization, Windows, RHEL and Citrix presentation services.
- Knowledge and experience with supporting infrastructure service technologies including Active Directory, Azure AD, DNS, DHCP, NTP, file and printing services.
- Knowledge and experience of Networking technologies including SD-WAN, MPLS, VRF, load balancing, switching and routing technologies.
- Knowledge and experience of Network security constructs and capabilities including Layer 3 and Layer 7 firewalls, IPS, VPN, and Proxy.
- Knowledge and experience unified communication, collaboration technologies and telecoms services including Cisco Video Conferencing, Immersive, voice, and SIP.
- Ability to construct complex bill of materials from a logical design to support a purchase requisition
- Understanding of middleware applications and how they may interact with other dependent systems (e.g. Understand what a multitier application is and how SQL high availability configuration would have reliance on an Active / Active datacenter configuration)
- Knowledge and experience of implementing end user computing systems including Windows 10 desktop, SCCM, Office 365.
- Experience with monitoring and management tools for infrastructure services including Solarwinds, Splunk, SCOM etc.
Qualifications (equivalents considered):
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent STEM.
- ITIL v3
- TOGAF v9
- Professional level Cisco Certifications
- Professional level Microsoft Certifications
- Professional level VMware Certifications
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a global oil and gas company please apply to this advert with your up to date resume. Please note that there is no per diem or relocation provided.