Planner/Scheduler Project Specialist
Provides specialist advice and executes tasks in the provision of project planning & scheduling services to Projects. This includes the development and monitoring of plans and schedules, baselines, activity progress and completion, and identification of trends and corrective/preventative actions to influence on-budget delivery of the project's objectives.
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable developmen
- Develops and implements planning and scheduling standards, associated methodologies, strategies and systems for a project.
- Monitors the development of the planning and scheduling deliverables.
- Reviews and verifies the progress of activities and identify schedule overruns and suggest mitigation actions that can be taken.
- Develops/reviews summary and detailed schedules and plans for a project.
- Develop resource loaded detailed schedules for Study phase, execution phase and shutdown/brownfield activities.
- Develop manpower profiles and histograms from resource loaded schedules
- Develop progress measurement system based on approved baseline and monitor/report on a regular basis.
- Validates baselines are implemented within the stipulated time and schedule variances are reported against established baseline.
- Manages the schedule range model for schedule range/risk analysis and conducts ranging workshops, including review of range results and issue schedule range/risk reports.
- Monitors compliance of contractor schedules and reports with corporate and business guidelines and consistency with the overall planning and scheduling
- Monitors implementation of standard sequencing of engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning and operational readiness activities on a project.
- Generates critical items report to the project and business unit highlighting material impacts and solutions.
- Analyses critical path activities and provides all possible mitigation efforts to minimise impacts.
- Assures quality, consistency and compliance of Planning & Scheduling deliverables.
- Coordinates execution of risk and quality management plans assure effective management the projects planning and scheduling scope of work.
- Compiles project/program monthly report and dashboards and verifies compliance against corporate guidelines and templates.
- Compiles weekly and monthly reports and dashboard for the project.
- 5-10 years of practical experience in a project environment focussed on Planning & Scheduling, Engineering, or related disciplines.
- Relevant experience in Planning & Scheduling in EPCM or Owners team positions.
- Prior experience in turnaround/shutdown planning and detailed resource loaded schedule development is required.
- Demonstrated experience with project management systems & techniques
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.