Senior Electrical Engineer - LNG
Our worldwide oil & gas client has a fantastic long term contract opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer based here in Perth working with a major LNG Project team. Reporting into the Project Engineering Manager, the Senior Electrical Engineer provides Electrical Engineering support for the LNG project. The role provides assurance on technical delivery of the electrical engineering scope provided by the Engineering and Procurement contractor during the detailed design phase and Implementation contractor (IC) during construction, and commissioning phases. This position will be required to travel intermittently to site throughout the project phases.
- Ensure that the project electrical engineering and scope delivery is aligned with the overall business unit requirements for ongoing O&M;
- Ensure the electrical scope is delivered in accordance with the project BOD, schedule, scope of work, project specs and relevant codes and standards and is technically fit for purpose;
- Ensure critical electrical scope has had appropriate Technical Authority and/or subject matter expert review;
- Technical coordination of project interfaces to the operating facility;
- Support interfaces to 3rd parties for temporary electrical integration aspects of grid power provision during the transition phase;
- Successful testing and commissioning of project scopes;
- Smooth transition of systems from Operations to the project and handover back to operations at completion phase.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical) minimum 10 years post graduate experience, with preferred CPEng or equivalent;
- Hazardous Area (Gas) classification and design competencies with AS60079 (minimum requirement certified to UEENEEM057A);
- Conversant with AS/NZS3000 including a strong working knowledge of design procedures, relevant standards and regulations;
- Has had a previous role or acted as a Lead Engineer responsible for delivery of defined project scopes (as operator engineer or contractor side);
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with other specialist disciplines to influence change;
- Experience in the engineering, design and specification, procurement, testing installation and commissioning of electrical equipment including HV & LV switchgear, LV and ELV UPS and Battery banks, Induction Motors and Variable Speed Drives, Load shedding systems, and Oil Filled Distribution Transformers;
- Experience in power system engineering and design activities including static and dynamic power system modelling, equipment and cable sizing, electrical fault protection design, and operating procedure development;
- Experience in the Oil and Gas, chemical industries or similar - demonstrated career in upstream O&G or LNG facilities' electrical engineering highly preferred;
- Capital project experience with emphasis on major brownfields, with field support experience a plus;
- Ability to travel required.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.