Removal & Disposals Manager, LNG Decommissioning
A great long term contract opportunity has arisen with our global LNG client for a Removals & Disposals Lead/Manager. Reporting to the Delivery Manager, this role is responsible for managing the planning and executing the offshore removal and onshore disposal (R&D) of all offshore facilities included in the Decommissioning Project. The role will lead scoping, contracting, removal and disposal activities from Pre-FEED to Execution and close out.
- Development of R&D contract scope of works and other key tender exhibits;
- Lead the tendering process and review of proposals for relevant works in order to recommend most suitable contractors, and follow up contractual obligations thereafter;
- Oversee the successful contractors plans for removal and disposal of the offshore facilities, and ensure contractors execute R&D activities in full compliance with technical and commercial obligations;
- Access opportunities to increase delivery of Timor-Leste content through R&D scope execution, and as determined, develop and execute plans to successfully deliver those opportunities;
- Ensure R&D compliance regarding input into the project risk register and ensure that mitigating plans are developed and implemented;
- Plan and conduct R&D readiness/execution reviews as required;
- Recommend and implement the strategy for the removal of offshore platforms as well as subsea pipelines and structures;
- Review and validate lifting analysis, global temporary in-place analysis, motion & transport analysis, sea fastening design, towing and anchoring analysis in line with appropriate codes and standards;
- Provide input to the development of cost estimates and schedules for R&D scope;
- Lead engineers and develop their abilities in the decommissioning area.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil / Structural / Mechanical / Marine Engineering or Naval Architecture, with experience in the dismantlement or construction of offshore assets in the Oil & Gas, renewables, transport and installation, heavy lift or marine engineering sector;
- Relevant experience in engineering, project management, planning, logistics and relevant legislation, and will have executed multiple major offshore construction and/or decommissioning projects, including reverse floatover operations for large fixed platforms;
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills in order to develop others, provide timely feedback and guidance to decommissioning team and the wider business;
- Able to facilitate change where the tasks are complex, unclear or uncertain and have a can-do attitude with proven teambuilding skills;
- 15-20 years within the offshore construction or decommissioning industry with experience supervising offshore operations or project execution;
- Good written and verbal communication skills and ability to develop and present management reports;
- Analytical/technical skills with a practical approach to problem solving;
- Previous experience of working in Timor-Leste or Australia and knowledge of regulatory regimes advantageous.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.