Lead Planner EPC1
Our Client the world's largest liquefied natural gas company is urgently looking for a "Lead Planner EPC 1".
Terms and Conditions:
Location : Qatar Onshore
Project : NFE Project Onshore
Contract Duration: 12 months
Working Schedule: 6 days/week, 10 hours/day, 26 days/month
Leave Ticket: Provided
Visa + Mob +Demob: Provided
Living Allowance: Provided
Medical Insurance: Provided
The Lead EPC Planner is responsible for the NFE Onshore Project EPC schedule and all aspects of the Progress Measurement System. This includes day-to-day activities for the development, maintaining, monitoring, controlling and integrating of the overall EPC schedule including putting in place the EPC progress measurement system, verification and reporting.
- Provides overall project schedule, progress measurement, and change management expertise to the NFE Onshore Project
- Reviews EPC Contractor's project control procedures (home office and field control procedures) to ensure that Company's requirements are met.
- Ensures that the schedule control & progress procedures are developed and executed by the EPC Contractor's to monitor its schedule control activities and progress reporting.
- Coordinates, monitors, and assesses Contractor's efforts in development of the EPC Schedule and the Progress Measurement System.
- Advises the EPC Contractor's organization with respect to adequacy of project controls tools, reports and schedules.
- Reviews project changes to evaluate detail schedule impact; responsible for quantifying and incorporating the effect and impact of approved changes in the overall schedule for stewardship purposes.
- Advises Project Controls Head and NFE Project Leadership Team of any potential schedule issues and when necessary, provides guidance on, corrective action and measures to mitigate any adverse trends. Assists Project Controls Head in developing and reviewing schedule corrective actions and recovery plans, andverifies needed actions/plans are implemented.
- Monitors and appraises the performance of the EPC Contractor compared to agreed control plans in the areas of progress and schedule control.
- Reviews and checks EPC Contractor's progress reports for accuracy of progress measurement. Verifies, reviews and endorses claimed progress reported by EPC Contractor.
- Reviews, monitors and controls the Contractor's EPC schedules for all project activities for logic, level of detail, interfaces, etc (e.g., Level 3, Level 4, short-term look-ahead schedules).
- Reviews EPC Contractor's main subcontractor schedules and ensures that they have been correctly integrated into Overall EPC Schedule.
- Reviews EPC Contractor's vendors and suppliers manufacturing durations for both critical equipment and bulks and ensures that they have been correctly integrated into Overall EPC Schedule.
- Reviews and endorses schedule and progress Baselines and forecasts prepared by EPC Contractor.
- Analyzesschedule and progress trends reported by EPC Contractor.
- Reviews schedule basis of Contractor's change proposals - reviews and endorses changes with regards to schedule and progress impact.
- Analyzesthe planned quantity metrics projections for all home office and site disciplines (e.g. Piping, Civil, Electrical, etc.). Monitors actual metrics quantities completed against planned.
- Overall responsibility of planning sectionensures sufficient action is taken to keep the schedule on track and protect company from potential claims.
- Supports PMT with ongoing project schedule and progress analysis, reporting and forecasting activities:
- Develops and maintains project schedules and ensuring that these products reflect the approved project design/execution scope.
- Analyzesschedule trends, develop and review schedule forecasts.
- Prepares and compiles Weekly and Monthly Reports (schedule & progress) input to Venture Reports.
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- Thorough and extensive knowledge of:
- Project controls principles, theories, and concepts.
- ExxonMobil practices, processes, and expectations with respect to project controls.
- At least Twenty (20) years experience in project scheduling and controls for EPC oil and gas capital projects.
- At least ten (10) years field scheduling experience.
- Worked on at least 2 major projects from an Owner's prospective managing and EPC LS contractor
- Worked on at least one large LNG onshore plant EPC project
- Experience in leading planning teams on large onshore projects
- Experience working with multi lingual contracting teams with large local subcontactors.
- Experience mentoring and developing local talent and transferring knowledge to younger members of the team
- Proficient in the use of PRIMAVERA (P6) / MS PROJECT planning software, Excel and Power Point.
- Good Computer skills.
Bachelors of Science in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Construction Management (or equivalent), or relevant experience.