HR Admin & Payroll Lead
Paragon GE is looking for a HR Admin and Payroll Lead, for a staff position with an Oil and Gas Operator in London. The ideal candidate will have worked in a similar position for a multinational company and must have experience of managing the pay roll for up to 80-100 personnel. Must have experience of the UK tax system and experience of the French tax system is hugely beneficial. The ability to speak fluent French is advantageous but not a must have requirement.
Position Title: HR Admin and Payroll Lead
Residential or Rotational: Residential in London, with occasional trips to West Africa
Staff or Temp: Staff
Expected package: Competitive annual salary with fantastic staff benefits
Location: London, United Kingdom
As the HR Admin and Payroll Lead, you will oversee all Human Resources administration and back office activities, ensuring these activities are aligned with company processes and procedures, compliant with relevant regulations, aligned with our business goals, company values and spirit, efficient and cost effective.
In collaboration with the senior leadership team, you will support the development of the Group HR function, communicate new ideas and suggest solutions, aligned with our goals and vision for the business.
Primarily, you will be focusing on:
- Ensuring and assuring payroll is correct and on time for UK and Gabon, providing technical support as needed.
- Ensuring HR tax related declarations and payments are carried out.
- Ensuring HR-related insurance, pension, health and other employee benefits provided are competitive in the market and that contracts and service levels are good value and fit for purpose.
- Working with IT support services as the HR business representative to ensure there is the correct level of support and systems in place.
- Working closely with HR Business Partner and HR consultants to provide assurance on filing, GDPR compliance and that the department is proactively ready for audits and ensure that HR processes are fit-for-purpose and effective.
- Overseeing correct use of and training in SAP/Success Factors at Corporate and affiliate level (travel to Gabon will be required)
- Working with HR Director on provision of budgets (financial and headcount), YTD expenditure and forecasting.
- Pro-actively suggesting and be able to follow through on projects for continuous improvement in HR
- Managing relationships with current service suppliers/providers.
- You are a self-starter with at least 15 years’ practical experience gained in mature corporate and rapidly growing SME environments, where you have been responsible and accountable for the full range of HR administration responsibilities.
- You possess a thorough knowledge of employment legislation in UK and France.
- You are accustomed to working in multi-cultural environments and have a collaborative, supportive, service-oriented approach to working with other team members and departments.
- Familiarity with Gabonese labour law would a distinct advantage.
- You are a team player and self-starter. You are flexible, can prioritise tasks and work to deadlines under stress.
- You can see the ‘big picture’ in terms of HR strategy and objectives, while remaining diligent and able to pay attention to detail and accuracy.
- You are delivery focused.
- Knowledge of French language is an advantage.