Airswift- AR/AP Accounting Specialist- Houston, TX. 3-6 months contract.
Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek an Accounting Specialist to join them on an initial 3 months contract that can be extended in Houston, TX.
The AR/AP Accounting Specialist will conduct moderately complex accounting activities relating to the generation of a complete general ledger. Will guarantee the timely and accurate processing of invoicing, completion of payments, and will verify, post, and reconcile accounts payable and receivable transactions to journals, ledgers, and other records.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Record expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries
- Pulls data from SAP system and perform analysis on costs and cost centers in order to monitor G&A costs and manage G&A contracts
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions (including but not limited to monthly prepaid entries, G&A accrual with US Operations, etc)
- Verify customer and vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions (particular attention to intercompany reconciliation activities)
- Prepare AR/AP netting analysis in support of quarterly group reporting and SOX Controls.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate reconciliations including G/L entries in SAP
- Management of Administration and Control SOX control testing, including testing of key management controls and co-ordination with external auditors and ETS SOX Manager
- Preparation and management of daily open AR and weekly AP report provided to management in support of identifying overdue customers and supplier
- Compile and coordinate monthly reporting of KPI's to SOX administrator
Previous education & experience required:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or closely related field
- Billing Experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
- 3-4 years of experience in an accounts receivable/ payable related position
- General knowledge of accounting practices and procedures
- Experience using SAP
- Experience in oil/gas, trading is a plus
Should you be interested in this opportunity with a leading O&G company, which has a realistic possibility to be a long-term position, please apply to this advert with your up to date resume.