* Lead assigned portion of capital program and manage all engineering and design resources.
* Assist in the development of strategic plans to meet the infrastructure needs of plants.
* Develop scope for HSS executed debottlenecking, process safety, or infrastructure projects.
* Develop estimates, funding documents, schedule, and ongoing forecasts for plant executed projects within SAP.
* Ensure all projects receive adequate process hazard reviews, Management of Change documentation, ORI's, and that all recommendations are completed in a timely manner.
* Ensure inherent process safety is adhered to on all project designs.
* Manage project safety.
* Maintain projects on budget and schedule.
* Ensure all projects meet the operability needs of the customer.
* Uphold and communicate high standards of housekeeping in assigned areas and on all job sites. Conduct frequent formal housekeeping inspections of plant areas.
* Support turnarounds and outages, with potential growth into planning and leading turnarounds.
III. Recommended Skills And Experience
* Strong organizational and planning skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Strong leadership abilities
* Manufacturing plant operations, maintenance, and capital projects experience
* Role model within Project Engineering function
* High ethical standards - unwilling to compromise on worker safety and regulatory compliance requirements
* Organizational credibility - able to influence business area, engineering and manufacturing managers in decision making process
* 3-10 years' experience in maintenance and/or engineering disciplines, preferably with experience in industrial outages
* Basic understanding of operating plant environment
* Basic understanding of the process technologies employed in PPO & PST operations
* Technical degree (chemical engineering or mechanical engineering preferred)
* Experience with piping design and understanding of ASME B31.3 and ASME B31.1 a plus
* Basic understanding of process controls philosophy is a plus
* Professional Engineer is a plus
* Experience with P6 a Plus
* Experience with SAP Project Systems and Maintenance Modules a Plus
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.