Our client, a major O&G company, is seeking a Contracts Administrator to work in a contract position within their facilities in Calgary, Canada.
- Support capital project procurement process including developing and executing bids, evaluations, negotiations, contracting and ongoing administration.
- Develop and organize bid and/or request for proposals to supply market, evaluate bids and support supplier selection choices and award suggestions.
- Conduct and/or support supplier negotiations and providing contract development.
- Support the development of procurement and contracting strategies to support capital project procurement.
- Execute post-award contract administrative duties including administrating change requests, preparing change orders, associated decision documents, and approvals.
- Check contract commitment and spend value, approach and resolve purchase order and/or invoicing issues as required.
- Watch over shipments to secure that goods come in on time and resolve problems related to undelivered goods.
- Verbal and written communication skills, diligent to details and negotiation skills.
- Be able to analyze proposals, supplier submittals, and technical data.
- Capable to accurately document and record customer, supplier and contract-related information.
- Knowledge of contracting, procurement and supply chain management principles.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to purchasing
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Undergrad degree in a related business field
- 0-2 years procurement-related experience required.