- Responsible for stewarding piping and valves engineering activities and reviewing of the related deliverables.
Key Job AccountabilitiesAssimilates the Project scope and the technical requirements including the applicable regulations, the Project specific Design Basis and philosophies, the applicable Specifications and International codes and standards,Ensures the scope of the piping and valves engineering are fully implemented and control deliverables in terms of quality, schedule & HSE as per Projects requirements.Responsible for guidance & checking of the piping material specifications, technical specifications,technical Bid evaluation, speciality items, responsible for the Vendor drawing review; Interacts with contractors/vendors and other engineering disciplines as required; Reviews and approves specified contractor purchase order/subcontract packages for piping and valves materialsFull understanding and the challenges with large bore valves and follow-up, guidance and review of the valves related design and selection; supervises the EPC scope finalisation with relation to the Piping engineering discipline.Aware of the 3D model progress and challenges and attends all related reviewsLiaise as required with company's shareholders Technical Authorities (TA) and committees, monitors material acquisition including requisitioning, fabrication, testing and transportation of the piping and valves materials.Administers any management of change process (MOC) relating to the piping and valve materials.Drives to obtain all necessary input required for the timely and complete progress of the piping and valves materials engineering; drives and Reviews the Acoustic and Flow Induced vibration and Small Bore connections design.Follows and Reviews the Piping Stress activities including compliance of the Piping Stress calculation procedure and Completeness of the Stress Calculation Reports.
Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering. (Advanced degree is desirable.)
Knowledge and/or Experience
- 15+ years of relevant experience as Piping Material and Valves specialist in the oil and gas industry.
- Detailed Knowledge in the Piping international Codes and Standards and Good Engineering Practices applicable to the O&G Offshore facilities.
- Knowledgeable of the Piping stress and fatigue Engineering
- Worked in Valves and Piping design and an in-depth knowledge of Valves and materials. Knowledge of type testing like fugitive emission, Cryogenic & Fire Safe tests.
- Significant experience in working with FEED/EPC Contractors and interfacing with equipment suppliers.
- Competent and sound material and corrosion knowledge for piping and valves.
- Demonstrated ability and sensitivity to work with people from a variety of cultural backgrounds.