Our client which is a crude oil and natural gas company is urgently looking for a "SIMOPS LEADER"
Terms and Conditions
Location: Doha, Qatar
Duration of contract: 2 years and 4 months
Work schedule: 5 days per week/ 8 hrs. per day
Visa+ Mob+ Demob tickets: Provided by client
Living Allowances: Provided
To ensure Projects SIMOPS preparation and coordination, including interfaces with Field Operations onshore and offshore teams as well as Projects Teams.
- During Engineering and Construction phases
- Works in close cooperation with the involved Projects packages
- Participates to HAZOP, HAZID, PRs, JRA as required
- Contributes to evaluate and monitor the impact on production of the proposed modifications by construction team - especially the tie-ins on existing facilities (piping, electricity, instrumentation, ICSS)
- Carries out or gets carried out risk assessments prior construction phase to evaluate and mitigate the risk associated to Simops.
- Proposes realistic solutions to maximize the Offshore works to be performed by Contractor safely.
- Liaises with MP/HSE to prepare and review the safety aspects of the preparation of SimOps.
- Ensures the proper anticipation and facilitation of future SIMOPS activities by:
- Following-up the engineering with a focus on shortfalls minimization for tie-ins
- reviewing Offshore installation and commissioning/start-up planning
- liaising with FOPS Team to align on PTW procedure, isolation plans for brownfield works.
- preparing a SIMOPS philosophy, considering the increase of activities (POB, hot work with naked flame, heavy lift operations.)
- Ensuring proper level of information between all entities involve - HSEQ, Field Operations, Logistic, Drilling and Wells, Engineering & Construction…
- Contributing and ensuring a proper SimOps induction (video, booklets.) is in place before activities start (in coordination with FOPS and HSEQ teams)
- Defines, in close coordination with the Projects Field Ops Manager, the Field Operations needs and means (organization, personnel, logistics, training, service)
- During Offshore phases (Installation, Commissioning and Start-up):
- Ensures HSE is given the highest priority and promotes HSEQ awareness of workforce at all levels through pro-active attitude (site Management tours, HSEQ meetings)
- Ensures all Company personnel and visitors know, understand and comply with safety regulations on site, and have received adequate HSE training
- Monitors work activities, especially potential areas where unsafe acts could occur, and ensures that risks have been properly identified and assessed prior to work execution (Job Safety Analysis).
- Notes and evaluates any employee concerns; ensures that potential failures, weaknesses and hazards are immediately reported
- Coordinates with Projects and Field Operations Teams the tie-in campaigns (Brownfield scope)
- Ensures the proper delivery of SIMOPS dossiers by interfacing adequately with Field Operations Team (especially the SIMOPS coordinators)
- Ensures resources adequacy with respect to needs (including competency, training.)
- Ensures a good coordination and communication within his team and promote team working
- In general:
- Attends Projects meetings as and when required
- Co-ordinates with other entities and groups, and manage the requested reporting and presentations
- Ensures accurate reporting of his activities within the Company organization
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Engineer with at least 10-15 years of experience in Oil & Gas production facilities operations or Projects, with experience in SimOps activities preparation and execution.
- Familiar with Total General Specifications, PRODOM or OpenText and relevant codes and standards,
- Language: Fluent English,
- Computer literate,
- Strong leadership skills and good communication skills,
- Ability to work on projects in a complex and multicultural environment,
- Good analytical skills,
- Available for frequent missions
- H2S OPITO and T-BOSIET trainings.