1 day left
- Full Time
Our client, a major oil and gas company, is seeking an Engineering Technician to work in Cotulla, Texas.
This entry-level position is responsible for providing technical and administrative support to engineering operations personnel, under direct supervision.
This includes collecting, sorting, categorizing, reviewing, and updating data, as well as other data management activities.
Responsible for a variety of data management activities, which include loading/entering, verifying, manipulating, analyzing, and reporting data related to engineering operations.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs data management activities, which include loading/entering, verifying, manipulating, analyzing, and reporting data related to engineering operations.
- Performs simple engineering calculations and gathers/tabulates data.
- Assists with coordinating data transfer and updating shared data sources among departments.
- Utilizes Spotfire software in order to discover trends in operational data and reports.
- Applies skills and concepts to ensure data integrity, data reliability and data accessibility throughout the group.
- Compiles data, communicates, and provides information to engineers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate basic computer knowledge through effective use of a personal computer including Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to learn company specific applications.
- Able to effectively manage time and prioritize projects in order to meet established deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to work effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts.
- Able to effectively abide company policies, procedures, and technology.
- Able to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Job Specific Knowledge Basic ability to use rigorous logic, critical thinking skills, and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Basic ability to build numerical and analytical tools using standard industry and corporate software.
- Basic knowledge of Drilling, Completion, and Workover reports.
- Basic knowledge of PC/mainframe systems.
- Basic knowledge of database application software.
- Able to use Excel and other analytical software for data manipulation.
- Education Requirements: Minimum - HS Diploma or GED Preferred - College Degree
- Work Experience: 0-2+ years of related experience