Geoscience Technical QC
- Full Time
Our client, an international E&P company, are currently looking for a Geoscience Technical QC to join their ranks.
Type: Offshore Rotation
Work Schedule: 6 weeks on / 2 weeks off - 42 days on / 14 days off
Provide technical guidance / oversight of geophysical vendor field operations. Monitor and advise on operational, data acquisition, equipment, recording, instrumentation, and positioning matters for the Project.
The Geo-technical QC consultant is the Company's representative that "monitors and advises" on operational, data acquisition, core sampling and storage, equipment, recording, instrumentation, and positioning quality matters for the geotechnical sampling. He or she is responsible for verifying that the survey contractors and subcontractors comply with the project plans, contract requirements, laws and regulations, and industry standards and practices.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for verifying the geophysical vendors and their subcontractors adhere to the contract requirements, project plans, and industry standards
* Responsible for communicating findings to Lead QC and/or Company staff
* Responsible for adhering to project SSH&E requirements
* Maintain proper records and documentation, and communicate findings to Company.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Minimum of 10 years geophysical field experience
* Advanced knowledge of Safety, Health, and Environmental (SSH&E) standards, Company reporting requirements, and an awareness of Company's Operation Integrity Management System (OIMS) procedures.
* At least 5 years' previous experience of working in similar position on Company projects is required to ensure familiarity with company processes and expectations.
* Demonstrated skills in effective communications, interface management, auditing and assessing operations, and problem solving.
* Necessary work permits/authorizations in addition to the training and certification as required for working on offshore installations/marine vessels.
* Must have excellent communication skills, possess high level of integrity, and willingness to build trust and accountability in inter-personal relationships while working in team setting
* Must be fluent in both written and spoken English
* Monitor and assess contractor's technical procedures and understand contractor Project Execution Plan (PEP)
* Provide where appropriate, quality control / calibration of instruments / verification software to check performance of acquisition systems
* Communicate deviations to Company and Contractor designated personnel
* Conduct QA/QC of the Geotechnical soil data collected on a daily base during the survey (CPTU, soil sampling, rock coring, laboratory testing)
* Verify on-board analysis of the obtained soil samples and give feedback on the suggested onshore laboratory analysis as recommended by contractor
* Participate in incident investigations if required
* Submit daily, weekly, and monthly reports to Survey Lead, as requested
* Maintain awareness of other QCs' areas of responsibility
At the end of the survey, the Geotechnical QC representative is to submit a digital copy (to include all photographs and videos) of a final operation QC Report. Reporting costs are to be included in the day rate.
Sthree UAE is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.