Our client, a major oil and gas company, is seeking a Research Technician to work in Richmond, California.
This Research Technician position is intended for an experienced hire who will be responsible for conducting the day-to-day technical laboratory work of lubricant additive performance and fundamental testing, including analytical testing.
This is a testing and analytical chemistry position; no chemical synthesis is involved. The position requires working frequently on non-routine tasks of broadly outlined assignments involving a wide range of chemistries and product line applications. The position is dynamic and requires a mix of laboratory skills depending on the project business need. Candidate must maintain a high degree of independence and responsibility, reliability and accountability in planning and reporting laboratory experiments. Candidate must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with senior chemists/engineers in the Components Team. Candidate must maximize productivity by applying special skills and experience routinely, and by drawing on knowledge and skills of other experienced personnel. This is a safety sensitive position.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Work frequently on non-routine tasks of broadly outlined assignments involving a wide range of chemistries and applications.
- Use a mix of laboratory test and analysis skills depending on the project business need.
- Maintain a high degree of independence, responsibility, reliability, and accountability in planning and reporting results of laboratory experiments.
- Communicate clearly and effectively.
- Apply special skills and experience routinely and draw on knowledge and skills of other research engineers/chemists.
- Rigorously adhere to safe laboratory work practices.
- Bachelors degree in Chemistry (preferred) or related physical science.
- 2+ years of hands-on chemical, analytical, physical, and/or synthetic laboratory experience.
- Demonstrated accuracy in generating and reporting data.
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills, including preparing technical reports of scientific data.
- Demonstrated track record of high performance and multi-tasking behaviors.
- Proven experience working within a team environment and drawing on knowledge and skills of other research chemists/physical scientists/engineers.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Masters degree in Chemistry
- Demonstrated experience in research and technical competency in organic chemistry, analytical techniques, and data interpretation.
- Demonstrated laboratory equipment knowledge and troubleshooting proficiency.