Pipeline Integrity Engineer
Our client is seeking a Pipeline Integrity engineer to work within their facilities in Calgary, AB
- - Gather and analyse data in support of assessing, scoping remedial action for, and quantifying threats associated with internal and external pipe corrosion, stress corrosion cracking, mechanical damage, weather and outside forces including geotechnical issues, manufacturing, construction, and fabrication.
- - Organise internal response to pipeline failures and conduct root cause investigations.
- - Conduct pipeline defect analysis and propose remedial actions.
- - Perform Engineering calculations to manage changes in MOP (Maximum Operating Pressure), evaluate pipeline stress/strain, surface loading, etc. Perform Engineering Assessment to determine the continued safe operation of the pipeline
- - Review and analyze in-line inspection data to identify immediate threats, utilize the results to provide threat mitigation recommendations and maintenance planning.
- - Provide technical support to excavation programs performing safe pressure assessment.
- - Participate in and project manage internal Company's technology development and other industry R&D projects.
- - Represent the company and actively participate in industry groups/committees/workshops
- - Provide technical support to Program Development, Program Strategy and Program Implementation teams as required
- - Perform QA assessment and validation of NDE and ILI vendors
- - Interact with Regulatory agencies
- - Perform advanced quantitative risk analysis (likelihood of failure, consequence modeling, etc.).
Decision Making: Makes decisions using established guidelines, procedures and/or policies related to pipeline integrity programs. Makes decisions and recommendations relating to general policy and technical issues using established guidelines, procedures or policies, within authorized limits. Operates more independently, engaging senior colleagues when required.
- Undertakes accountabilities related to pipeline integrity program planning, pipeline failure investigation, excavation programs, procedures development, research and development of new technology projects to protect our pipelines and improve integrity programs.
- Applies general engineering knowledge while managing deviations from standard methods. Addresses impacts from other fields / areas of work on pipeline integrity projects.
- Validate and analyze suggested approaches to medium complexity issues.