A Major Oil & Gas industry leader has an immediate opening for an experienced Cost Engineer with Upstream, Oil & Gas experience; on a Contract basis.
This role will be supporting Offshore, Gulf of Mexico operations, and based in Houston, Texas. Work schedule is 9/80.
The Cost Engineer will administer activities associated with contracts for services, purchase of equipment, materials, or products for a project. Participates in and/or conducts proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration and customer contact activities.
This is an immediate need, as they are looking to bring someone on within the next 1-2 weeks. If you are looking to expand your knowledge and experience, this is a great opportunity, given you will be working with one of the growing, industry leaders.
* Prepare Project Forecast monthly
* Support the Management during the contract changes/claims process
* Monitor, for subcontracts and other significant items, progress and the value of work done against the invoices received, determining the monthly accruals (to have accounts in line with works progress)
* Monitor cost coding system is properly applied and information flow is correct and complete.
* Analyze committed costs and activities to-date, actual vs budget, performance and productivity.
* Prepare Project cash flows.
* Perform cost analysis and advise project leaders on cost over-runs.
* Organize and coordinate the risk assessment/ review meetings.
* Set-up and update periodically the 'Risk and Opportunity Register' and the relevant project risk status report.
* Perform any other related duties as required.
* Degree in Engineering, preferred, but not required.
* 10+ years experience in a similar role.
* Working knowledge of Primavera P6.
* Problem-solving Attitude.
* Ability to work effectively as part of a team to ensure business goals
* High level of coordination skills to gather cost data from project leaders, finance and accounts department Demonstrated effectiveness in prioritizing multiple tasks, monitoring progress, and managing efforts to meet deadlines.
* Demonstrated effectiveness in working with others in a multifunctional team
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.