Senior Operations Engineer - Onshore & Offshore Operated Assets
HAVE YOU GOT SPIRIT?
Succeeding in today’s energy world requires collaboration, agility and the audacity to do things differently. At Spirit Energy, we seek to challenge what has been accepted, rethink the way our sector operates and create a new style of E&P operator.
It takes a diverse range of skills, experience and talent to deliver these aspirations and our people will be the force to get us there. If you are ready to take the next step in your career with a progressive and energetic team, then we are ready to hear from you.
THE OPPORTUNITY – SENIOR OPERATIONS ENGINEER – ONSHORE & OFFSHORE ASSETS
Reporting to the Operations & Assurance Lead within the Operations & Maintenance Function, the Operations Engineers will support the business goal of achieving best practice execution of operations across Spirit Energy’s portfolio of Operated Assets, at all stages in their lifecycle. Will provide day-day functional operations support to onshore and offshore Operated Assets.
AND NOW FOR THE TECHNICAL BIT…
- Provide objective ‘day-day’ operations function support and coaching to the operated asset teams, across onshore, offshore, wells and subsea assets. This will cover all operational aspects of control of work, safe isolation / leak testing / reinstatement, start-up and (re)commissioning activity, operational risk assessment, management of change and technical queries.
- Support the identification, development, implementation and maintenance of Spirit Energy operational standards and practices to ensure consistent best practice is deployed across all operated asset locations.
- Support the assurance and governance of operational practice across all operated asset locations via participation in or leadership of audits as per annual assurance programme.
- Support the development and delivery of the operations training & competency framework.
- Extensive understanding of operations management across offshore oil & gas assets. Ideally includes onshore asset understanding also but not essential.
- Good understanding of major accident hazard legislation and its implication for operational controls.
- Good understanding of Process Safety Management / Operating Integrity.
- Key influencer and able to successfully deliver change initiatives within an operational environment at all levels of the organisation.
- Good communications skills at all levels within the organisation.
- Demonstrates positive challenge with an open collaborative style.
- Degree level or equivalent in an engineering discipline.
- Preferably Chartered Engineer.
- Significant operational experience at a supervisory level or above for offshore and subsea assets. Ideally includes onshore asset experience but not essential.
- UKCS and Netherlands Offshore training and certifications for asset visits
In addition to technical knowledge and credibility, we are searching for a someone who lives our values of Agility, Collaboration, Courage, Care and Delivery, enables and supports change and brings fresh and dynamic thinking.
At Spirit Energy we don’t just talk about diversity and inclusion – we take action to champion it at every level of our business. We support flexible and part time working, we seek and recruit talent from every avenue and we actively support and encourage personal development and promotion. We deliver technical excellence and celebrate our successes together.