Senior Process Engineer
HAVE YOU GOT SPIRIT?
Succeeding in today’s energy world requires collaboration, agility and the audacity to do things differently. At Spirit Energy, we seek to challenge what has been accepted, rethink the way our sector operates and create a new style of E&P operator.
It takes a diverse range of skills, experience and talent to deliver these aspirations and our people will be the force to get us there. If you are ready to take the next step in your career with a progressive and energetic team, then we are ready to hear from you.
THE OPPORTUNITY – SENIOR PROCESS ENGINEER
- The Senior Process Engineer provides front line process engineering support to the execution team running the asset with the aim of optimising production, remaining in compliance with operating conditions, and reviewing / approving process deviation, inhibits and non-routine operations.
- They should identify and provide cost effective engineering solutions to plant operations and processing problems.
- Act as focal point for performance monitoring and optimisation of production identify opportunities to improve production efficiency, MPP, improve reliability, and reduce operating costs.
- They will be expected to provide qualified engineering advice and approval of small engineering change, maintenance deferrals, ORA's etc. as per the authorisation / approval levels dictated by Spirit Energy engineering standards.
AND NOW FOR THE TECHNICAL BIT…
- Regular interaction with the shift teams both within the control room and out on site to discuss opportunities and production risks.
- Engage, participate and lead in any operational improvement process (HAZOPS / HAZIDS) to optimise discipline specific engineering (OPEX) support.
- Provide discipline support to the Maintenance Planning process.
- Assist with the resolution of operational problems, including participation in and close-out of accident/incident investigations and equipment failure root cause analysis.
- Actively engage with the site execution teams, ensuring participation in corporate behavioural safety and intervention schemes, work to enhance communication and promote understanding of goals.
- Communicate discipline specific issues to operations management, advising both execution and support management in any engineering deviations to standards, performance standards or design conditions.
- Ensure no discipline outstanding actions are overdue in Spirit Energy systems (ICP, MyHSE etc)
- Participate in and perform duties as part of the local Emergency Response Team
- Provide qualified engineering advice and approval of small engineering change, maintenance deferrals, ORA's etc as per the authorisation / approval levels dictated by Centrica E&P's engineering standards.
- Lead investigations into gas production shortfalls vs target including the organisation and facilitation root cause analysis sessions, incorporating various disciplines
- Implement control measures to prevent reoccurrence. Identify, communicate and drive process improvements
- Collate and analyse data to identify optimisation and/or production risk opportunities, generating potential solutions and assess feasibility of implementation.
- Support the operations teams in routine and non-routine activities including projects, commissioning (e.g. pigging)
- Develop, propose, and supervise process trials within the design and operating limits of equipment
- Ensure compliance with grid entry specifications and permits to operate the plant (i.e. environmental permits)
- Support in the management and accuracy of the Production Availability database Completion of annual node reports for each unit of operation in support of the asset integrity (corrosion models) of the plant
- Review, amend and approve non-routine operation (NRO) procedures for annual shutdown and as required during the operating season
- Travel: Moderate – Business travel as required.
- Conducts all activities in a safe and effective manner and raises safety and environmental issues immediately and in line with corporate policy.
- Carries out duties in a way that maximises value and minimises waste and risk.
- Undertakes the role in line with corporate policy and always demonstrates behaviors in line with the Spirit Energy values.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of engineering principles and practical application
- Ability to work in a fast moving, customer focused environment whilst maintaining the highest ethical integrity.
- Proven ability to interact effectively at all levels and encourage a team ethos across core crew and subcontractors.
- Ideally degree qualified, chartered Process Engineer. Would accept Incorporated Engineer with appropriate experience levels.
- Considerable relevant experience of the oil and gas industry predominantly gained in an engineering and production operations environment.
- Good working knowledge and application of relevant UK oil and gas industry regulations.
- Familiarity with quality processes and the application of continuous improvement tools is desirable