IT Infrastructure Analyst
Our client, a major oil and gas company is seeking an IT Project / Infrastructure Analyst to work within their facilities located in Houston, TX. This will be for an intitial 10 month contract which will be subject to extension.
The key responsibilities of the Infrastructure Analysis Principal are to work with Infrastructure teams to:
- Develop the Infrastructure Strategy and integrated Roadmap with Architecture and domain Engineering teams, other areas of the Technology function and the Business. Gaining alignment with Technology roadmap is essential.
- Build the financial year plan including prioritisation, scheduling and opportunity assessments / business cases.
- Complete requirements gathering, identification of solutions from standards and reference architectures driving selection and option analysis including cost modelling for the Infrastructure portfolio.
- Manage the screening of unplanned demand into Infrastructure and ongoing prioritisation of portfolio.
Individuals suited to this role are motivated self starters who have a breadth of understanding across infrastructure technologies and diciplines, in particular Hosting, Networks, Industrial Communications, Unified Communications, Identity Management, Unified Communications, End User Computing and Tools. They are able to think about the impact of technology solutions on the broader business as a result of a deep understanding of our how they operate. They are able to act with authority and support the decisions to be made on complex Business scenarios.
- Work with the Business, Business Partners, Service Relationship and other Technology teams to feed demand in to the Infrastructure Services strategy and develop an integrated roadmap
- Work with Demand Team to screen Infrastructure Analysis demand and complete ongoing reprioritisation of the Infrastructure portfolio
- Lead Business, engineering and architecture teams through development and management of requirements, high level design, identification of solutions and budgeting to align with Business Requirements, the Technology roadmap and strategy
- Identification and development of cross-functional team resources and stakeholders required for solution development and accountability for speed and quality for smooth transition to Delivery teams for execution
- Strategy development with Architecture team and development the of Infrastructure Financial Year plan in time to meet Business and Group Functions planning periods.
- Drive governance and controls for all solutions in alignment with compliance requirements
- Vendor on boarding for resource augmentation for architecture and delivery teams as required
- Development and maintenance of relationships within Technology, the Business and Vendor / Partners
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years' relevant experience working in Technology, preferably within a large global resource / industrial company
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar focused on Infrastructure domains including Hosting, Networks, Industrial Communications, Identity Management, Unified Communications, End User Computing and Tools.
- Advanced skills and demonstrated experience in business analysis, stakeholder and requirements management, benefits realisation, cost modelling and business case development essential
- Project Management certification and experience in all stages of project lifecycle and associated deliverables for the delivery of IT Projects in large and complex organisations
- Exposure to working in a global environment including geographically dispersed businesses, and communication across a variety of audiences
- Fluent English, both verbal and written as a minimum. Spanish also desirable
- Experience in operations and management of Technology to an intermediate level is highly desirable
- Technology Vendor accreditations and certifications is also highly desirable
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a global oil and gas company please apply to this advert with your up to date resume. Please note that there is no per diem or relocation provided.