Quality control - Welding and Non Destructive Examination
Quality Control Expert - Welding and Non-Destructive Examination
Duration of Assignment
Estimated Nov 2019 - Nov 2021 with possible extension till March 2022
China fabrication yard
Type of Job
8 weeks ON x 2 weeks OFF, 6 days per week
Mobilization and Demobilization tickets will be provided.
Visa and Work Permit will be provided
International premium medical insurance will be provided
- Supervision over Contractor's/Subcontractor's work at modules fabrication site in the course of welding and welding QC and NDC;
- Assurance of modules manufacturing by the Contractor in the part of welding and NDC in compliance with approved QC plans, design documentation, SNiP.
- Expert and methodology support within the competence in the course of quality control activities by Contractors/Subcontractors to assure compliance with quality requirements to fabrication of modules in the course of LNG Plant construction.
- Monitoring of completeness, actuality and quality of permissive documents of Contractors/Subcontractors.
- Verification of compliance of materials proposed by Contractors with Project Specifications.
- Control quality of materials supplied for welding and NDC;
- Control compliance with manuals for storage of materials supplied for welding and NDC;
- Review of contractors' Work Performance Plan for compliance of work process to Project regulating documents.
- Verify compliance of contractors' QC and test plans with Project requirements to welding and NDC;
- Participate in certification of welding and NDC procedures;
- Control quality of welding and NDC of Project pipelines and metal structures;
- Control of process operations sequence.
- Participation in inspections and tests as per approved QC plans for fabrication.
- Consult managers and contractors about quality of welding and NDC and work process;
- Provision of data for weekly/monthly reports to track KPI progress.
- Informing of top management about discrepancies in performed works according to approved construction rules.
- Participate in meetings of QC team and contractors on issues relevant to quality of welding and NDC;
- Control of compliance of execution of documents and records keeping by Contractor with Project requirements, participation in verification and acceptance of quality forms.
- Participate in acceptance of final products;
- Issue of instructions to Contractor and control corrective actions if necessary.
- Provision of QC reports, reports on discrepancies found in facility fabrication quality and make proposals on their elimination and prevention.
- Timely informing of direct manager about found discrepancies within the competence.
- Preparing of daily/weekly reports on Contractor's performance, keeping of statistical data on quality, verify actual records.
- Informing about circumstances which prevent proper performance of duties.
- At least 15 years of overall experience
- Valid National Agency of Welding Control (NAKS) certificate (Level 3 or higher) or International Welding Engineer (IWE) Diploma.
- Valid NDE certificates and knowledge assessment test certificates (radiographic testing, ultrasonic testing, magnetic particle inspection, dye penetrant inspection, visual and dimensional testing): Level 2 or higher.
- At least three (3) years of experience in Quality Control as a member of multidisciplinary inspector team, including work with Quality Control plans, Inspection and Test Plans, Test Procedures and in non-conformance and deviation management.
- At least five (5) years of experience in welding and NDT in construction.
- Production and construction experience on onshore/offshore oil and gas projects as a member of an international contractors and suppliers' team, preferably in modular prefabricated buildings construction.
- At least 10 years of experience on construction sites and similar sites on oil and gas projects.
- At least 3 years of welding and NDC experience.
- Domestic and international experience in welding and NDC.
- Valid certificates (Level 3 at least) and verified knowledge in welding technology.
- Valid certificates in NDC processes (Level 2 at least).