SCADA Engineer IV
SCADA ENGINEER IV
Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek a SCADA Engineer IV to work within their facilities located in Fort St John, British Columbia for an initial 12-month contract, likely to be extended.
Within this position, you will be responsible for guaranteeing the availability, integrity, and reliability of the SCADA applications.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Perform break-fix and troubleshooting main support of SCADA applications and related infrastructure including business lines, remote devices, SCADA network, and hardware platforms
- Daily communication with Gas Control, Facility Engineering, Field Operations, Gas Management, Measurement, Communications, Information Systems, IT Infrastructure, to report and solve application and SCADA workflow issues
- Investigate operational data and deliver improvements to operational productivity and safety
- Evaluate application deficits and evaluate vendor-provided or 3rd party provided solutions through new components, upgrades or patches
- Provide business support with reports and tools
- Support in commissioning SCADA application variations following standard operating practices
Previous education and experience required:
- Experience with CygNet