Nuclear Trainee - NTP 2019
ENGIE has been active in the nuclear field for over 50 years and has developed its expertise in the entire nuclear value chain. Protection of the environment and the safety and security of people and facilities are absolute priorities . You like to bring change to our world by seeking an active role in a cleaner world energy production? Find a safer and better way through tenacity and precision? Help us to engineer tomorrow by joining ENGIE's 2019 Nuclear Trainees Program Junior.
ENGIE Laborelec is a leading expertise and research centre in electrical power technology. Drawing on the skills of 240 highly specialized engineers and technicians, the company is active on the whole electricity value chain and backs a large set of customers in the fields of generation, transmission, distribution, storage and final use of electricity, with a particular focus upon the energy transition and the 3 D's - decentralization, decarbonization and digitalization.
All forms of electricity generation come within our capabilities, whether centralized or decentralized, from fossil and nuclear to renewables technologies. Directly or indirectly, we also work for a large array of other customers, including grid operators, large industries, SME's, cities, regions or residential prosumers.
With a strong focus on high value delivery for our customers, we combine expert knowledge and operational experience with state-of-the-art analysis and measurement capabilities to provide operational research and development services, specialized expertise and tailor-made global solutions. We guarantee the independence and objectivity of our solutions and recommendations.
Established in 1962 to support electricity companies with a wide range of specialized services, Laborelec is today a cooperative company, with ENGIE and independent grid operators as shareholders. Laborelec has a global presence, with activities in more than 60 countries and offices in Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Chile and Abu Dhabi.
ENGIE Laborelec's Nuclear Department groups all technical activities that aim to increase the reliability and safety of nuclear power stations, such as Materials technology, automation & control, chemistry and vibrations and mechanics.
As a Nuclear Trainee within the Nuclear Department:
- you will play an active role in operational support activities as well as in research activities in order to optimise the operation of nuclear power stations;
- you will take action on-site (at ENGIE power stations or others) in Belgium and abroad;
- you will be working together with expert colleagues in other disciplines to tackle more complex multidisciplinary problems, and with various experts in the field;
- you will convincingly present the results of this research to local site management and to the relevant stakeholders.
In accordance with your affinities and talents, you will have the opportunity to subsequently move on to senior expert functions, functions focusing more on multidisciplinary aspects, project management functions, or more operational functions involving technical management aspects, either at ENGIE Laborelec or within the ENGIE Group.
Are you passionate about technology and find a career as an Chemistry and Materials Expert attractive ?
- do you have a degree in civil or industrial engineering ?
- do you enjoy working in a dynamic project-management culture?
- do you have strong analytical skills, are you realistic and do you have a pragmatic approach ?
- are you are at ease interacting with personnel in the field ?
- do you speak fluent French, Dutch and English or you could bring your languages skills up to that level quickly ?
- are you are flexible and prepared to work on-site (including frequent short trips abroad) ?
- are customer-oriented, creative and capable of solving complex problems, proposing high-added-value innovative solutions ?
- do you believe in nuclear technology's contribution to an environmentally friendly, low-carbon energy mix ?
- do you prioritise safety ?
- can you work independently, are you punctual and can you handle stress ?
ENGIE Laborelec offers you
- a competitive salary with a range of benefits
- an extensive, one-year training programme in nuclear activities (integration in the ENGIE Nuclear Trainee Program)
- an exciting job where you tackle a variety of problems from the entire electricity sector both in Belgium and abroad
- a tailor-made, technical specialisation programme within a young and dynamic team, where you will work with experienced colleagues who are happy to share their knowledge with you
- a healthy work/life balance
- a stimulating career in a top research and competence centre within ENGIE, the international energy group to which we belong
Damien Colmant - email@example.com
Workplace : ENGIE Laborelec - Rodestraat 125 - 1630 Linkebeek
- Posting Date: Feb 15, 2019