Paragon GE is looking for a Lead Estimator, for a staff position with an international Oil and Gas Engineering company in Saudi Arabia.
Position Title: Lead Estimator
Residential or Rotational: Residential in Al Khobar or Bahrain
Staff or Temp: Staff
Expected package: Competitive salary package with family status
Location: Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
- Preparing Estimates for various types of projects (Oil &Gas , Infrastructure, Pipelines, Petrochemical )
- Able to prepare and work on different phases (Piping, HVAC, Electrical , Instrumentation, Communications, Civil and Structural)
- Must have Mechanical or Electrical Degree only
- Preparation of Cost estimate Reports
- Preparing different classes of estimates (Class 1-4)
- Familiar to provide Bottom/Up Build type detailed estimates
- Ensure provided estimates are properly formatted, understandable, and in sufficient detail to allow client /owners monitoring, benchmark actual performance Vs detail estimate package.
- Validate and ensure ER estimate are appropriately developed and meet Company /Client Estimate quality requirements procedures at each step in the project
- Preparation of the Estimate Execution Plan, estimate basis ,estimate allowances and factors.
- Analyze and evaluate quotations received and develop commercial bid evaluation .
- Able to review of drawings and documents received from clients and preparing Bill of Materials and quantities
- Preparing the detailed cost estimate that should include but not limited to:
- Detailed Materials take off with prices
- Direct man-hours for each estimate activities
- In-Direct man-hours calculation based on volume and type of the project task
- Construction equipment calculation and analysis
- In-Direct cost estimate includes temporary facilities, materials storage, transportation and site facilities etc.
- Providing technical support in the review of design packages, drawings and assist Project Management team in analyzing cost data.
- Maintain vendors data base, benchmarking, float enquiries to subcontractors and suppliers
OPTIONAL AS ADVANTAGES
- Implementation of Saudi Aramco Engineering Procedure estimating guidelines SAEP-25, Code of Accounts, standards, Software and specifications will be considered as advantage · Familiar in using ASPEN Capital Cost Estimator software and any other estimating software will be considered as advantage.
- Have worked and lead Multi Million dollars projects estimates
- Have excellent communication and technical writing skills
- Providing technical guidance to co-workers;
- Proposing staffing solutions and training and development opportunities;
- Organizing and supervising work of a group of professionals.
- Being accountable for unit deliverables;
- Bachelor’s degree Mechanical Engineering and registered as a professional engineer with significant experience of 15 years+.
- Has experience in the oil / gas, hydrocarbon, refinery, offshore, or infrastructure industries; and has managed mega projects.
- Has demonstrated experience oil & Gas, Petrochemicals Engineering & Design filed.
- Solid understanding of industry and regulatory Estimation standards.