Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Employment type: Contract
A leading independent oil and gas exploration and production company are currently seeking an Accounts Assistant to join their team which is based close to Gunnersbury Station.
Job Purpose / Requirements:
Work as part of a Finance team to raise requisitions and service entry sheets in a timely manner. Support the Finance team in various activities where improvement and compliance are needed due to resource constraints. The company uses SAP and the preference would be for the incumbent to have some experience and a demonstrable aptitude in SAP or a similar system.
- Initiation of purchase requisitions in SAP based on requests from corporate depts.
- Liaising with Supply Chain to ensure approved requisitions result in approved purchase orders
- Processing service entry sheets for the corporate depts.
- Pro-actively following up unreceipted items
- Assist with monthly staff loan account allocations and reconciliation
- Assist with follow up of Concur expense inter-company recharges
- Assist with other Finance activities as directed by the Finance Manager or Senior Financial
- SAP or similar system
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable (AP) and Requisition To Pay (RTP) process
- Knowledge of debit and credit accounting entries
- Working knowledge of VAT/WHT
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent QBE or CIPS
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to appropriately interact at all levels within the organisation as well as with team members, suppliers and other business units
- Professional manner
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to multitask and prioritise
- Results and deadline focussed
- Resilient when handling difficult situations to a satisfactory solution
- Excellent organization and attention to detail skills
- Demonstrable aptitude for continuous improvement
- Team Player
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.