Our client, a major Midstream company within the Oil & Gas Industry, is looking for an Accounting Analyst to work in a 12 months contract position in Calgary, Alberta - Canada.
- As a key player within the Financial Plan & Analysis (FP&A) team, the incumbent will play an active role in the development and analysis of financial plans (Forecasts, Budget and Long Range Planning) of the Company's Centralized Services group and in maintaining data integrity.
- The Analyst will be required to complete monthly variance reports in a tight time line for Senior management.
- The Analyst will identify and resolve process issues encountered and will also identify and clearly and succinctly communicate emerging business trends and issues noted to management. The latter activity requires working closely and cooperatively with business units and other departments in the organization.
- A key responsibility of the Analyst will be to work on FP&A initiatives to integrate various legacy systems and processes with varied degree of complexity. This will require an ability to work independently on assigned projects and excellent project management, collaboration and communication skills.
- Coordinate in their assigned areas, the development of forecasts, budgets and long range plan projections of Centralized Services Costs and their allocations to business units.
- Collaborate with Centralized Services groups in driving a disciplined analysis of financial results and prepare reports with actuals to budget variances for presentation to senior management.
- Support other ad-hoc enquiries as needed; develop and maintain expertise at understanding the complex principal business drivers within the Centralized Services and other operating business segments. This will require the development of strong, cooperative working relationships with business units.
- Demonstrate a high degree of competency in various analytical tools including Excel (e.g. Pivot Tables, Index, Match, VLOOKUP, Logical functions, etc.), Hyperion Planning and Essbase systems and recommend enhancements to the systems.
- Comprehensively analyze and interpret projected results and ensure trends are substantiated and grounded in principle in order to provide senior management with an understanding of issues to allow them to take appropriate action where required.
- Identify process improvement opportunities within the FP&A group and propose solutions.
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA or US/UK equivalents)
- 3-5 years of post designation experience (CPA or US/UK equivalents) .
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills complemented by excellent attention to detail.
- Works well within a multi-disciplinary team environment, with an ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships.
- Highly proficient in the use of Excel; prior experience with major ERP systems an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills combined with a results oriented business approach.
- Experience working with Hyperion