IT Analyst/Developer - Specialty V
Our client, a major oil and gas company is seeking an IT Analyst/ Developer to work within their facilities located in Houston, TX. This will be for an intitial 10 month contract which will be subject to extension.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to play a role in implementing Workday reporting and analytics solutions in support of HR business. The HRI project is an enterprise-wide transformation effort to move the companiy's HR ERP solutions (SAP HCM, JDE HCM) to the cloud. The project is being executed in partnership with HR process owners using cross functional HR and IT project teams. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with HR business analysts and functional analysts to deliver reporting solutions. Assignments will range from delivering all process design deliverables of a small and/or large population to meet complex work streams enterprise wide.
- Provides a deep understanding of the latest ETL technology, data modelling, and programming expertise. Consulting in partnership with other IT staff to guide and identify reporting solution alternatives to the Enterprise HR community.
- Provides data modeling capabilities in support of the HRI reporting team acting as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
- Analyze complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components, reports, and data extracts in collaboration with the company's IT staff and HR Business Analysts.
- Analyzes complex ETL procedures and reports against business requirements to determine fit and gaps
- Determines ETL workflows that must be customized to meet business requirements
- Collaborates with Business Analysts to design new reports and data extracts
- Prepares technical specification deliverables
- Derives work estimates in conjunction with other company's IT resources
- Develops reporting solutions that meet requirements with scalability and sustainability in mind
- Develops procedures to extract data from various sources, transforms/maps data to align with Workday needs
- Performs thorough testing to ensure all reporting solutions meet requirements
- Coordinates with other team members for complete thorough solutions and user testing scenarios
- Provides guidance and technical knowledge of the overall ETL reporting capability through final deployment
- Proficient ETL developer with 5+ years of solid working knowledge of ETL technologies (e.g. Datastage/SSIS)
- Working knowledge on data modeling and structuring data for analytics use cases
- Experience building data extracts and transformation of third-party solutions
- Strong problem solving and practical analytical skills
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
- Working knowledge of Azure Data Factory
- Working knowledge of Workday reporting and/or PRISM analytic tools
- Familiarity with Workday HR data structure
- Understanding of SFTP and database technologies
- Strong organization and facilitation skills
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a global oil and gas company please apply to this advert with your up to date resume. Please note that there is no per diem or relocation provided.