Airswift is seeking a Research Technologist to work on a 12-months contract within our client's office in Calgary, AB.
Please note our client is not able to provide visa or any kind of sponsorships for this role, therefore this position is directed to local candidates with permission to work in Canada presently.
This candidate will join the Ethylene Technology R&D Team at the company's center for Applied Research. The role will be responsible for performing bench-scale solid-state catalyst synthesis and related work-up steps to prepare catalyst samples for evaluation. This position will report to the Ethylene Technology R&D Team Leader.
- Execute catalyst synthesis work in a laboratory environment;
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of catalyst performance and workflow processes;
- Ensure accuracy of results, identify unusual trends, troubleshoot possible causes, recommend and take agreed-upon corrective actions;
- Maintain complete and accurate records of experimental work;
- Provide interpretation of results and communicate findings in a timely manner;
- Contribute to technical reports, presentations, and intellectual property submissions;
- Submit samples into and retrieve data from the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS);
- Collaborate and coordinate with other project work streams to ensure project deliverables and deadlines are met;
- Perform equipment modifications in accordance with the Management of Change (MOC) procedure;
- Interpret and follow internal Standard Operating Procedures and Codes of Practices;
- Ensure all work is done in compliance with Responsible Care® standards and demonstrate the ability to work safely with chemicals, dust, heat, cryogenics and pressure.