Lead Surf Installation Engineer
Job position: Lead Surf Installation Engineer (Job Ref 20190719ISTDPRSZ)
Workplace: Shen Zhen
Scope of work
- Providing technical support and installation support for flexible pipe & umbilical installation, review drawings, review the relevant installation documents;
- Providing technical support for installation analysis of flexible pipe & umbilical installation, providing guidance for offshore installation;
- Dealing with the technical issue in terms of flexible pipe & umbilical installation, provide solution and advise;
- Providing support for technical Research & Development regarding flexible pipe & umbilical installation;
- Providing support for bid elevation for flexible pipe & umbilical design and installation projects;
- Providing support for flexible pile & umbilical test, pre-commissioning and acceptance test.
- Minimum 1deepwater project(minimum water depth 400m) experience in the planning and execution of deepwater SURF installation work.
- Highest regard for health & safety of all personnel at all times - excellent safety awareness and ability to conduct interventions when necessary.
- In-depth understanding of deepwater SURF system / subsea Structure (Manifold,Jumper) installation.
- Familiarity and appreciation of deepwater SURF system / subsea Structure design & analysis.
- Knowledge of diverless subsea connectors, ROV tie-in toolings and ROV riggings at both onshore/offshore locations.
- Reflective leadership qualities and ability to motivate and engage Subcontractor SURF / subsea Structure team and any associated 3rd party personnel.
- Highly effective communicator, able to critically assess situations and converse with others calmly and efficiently.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Based in Shenzhen
- Minimum 10 years experience in the planning and execution of deepwater SURF / subsea Structure installation in the offshore SURF system / subsea Structure installation business sector.
- Offshore experience as lead engineer on Offshore Construction Vessels, conducting at least two deepwater SURF system / subsea Structure installations similar to LS17-2 Project.
- Eng / B.Sc in Naval Architecture or equivalent Engineering / Science discipline.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.