Senior Analysis & Structural Engineer
7 days left
- Part Time
Job position: Senior Analysis & Structural Engineer (Job Ref 20190719SBSDPSZ)
Workplace: Shen Zhen
Scope of work
- Providing assistance for lifting and seafastening calculation of large structure in deep-water, writing and reviewing the relevant calculation files;
- Providing assistance for hydrodynamic calculation about structure installation in deep-water, writing and reviewing the relevant calculation files;
- Participating in bidding for large structure installation in deepwater;
- Organizing department training to improve technical ability of installation calculation engineers in company.
- Minimum 1 deepwater project(minimum water depth 400m) experience in the planning and execution of deepwater Installation Analysis.
- Highest regard for health & safety of all personnel at all times - excellent safety awareness and ability to conduct interventions when necessary.
- In-depth understanding of deepwater SURF system installation.
- Expert knowledge of deepwater SURF system installation aids structural design (Apply to Structural Engineer) or installation analysis (Apply to Analysis Engineer).
- Familiarity and appreciation of diverless subsea connectors, ROV tie-in toolings and ROV riggings at both onshore/offshore locations.
- Team player able to integrate and collaborate effectively with others in both Subcontractor team and COOEC. Ability to mentor / develop junior engineers.
- Effective communicator, able to converse with others calmly and efficiently.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Minimum 10 years experience in the analysis and engineering of deepwater SURF installation in the offshore SURF system installation business sector.
- Extensive experience of marine dynamics analysis software such as Orcaflex, GMOOR, AQWA, etc, conducting at least two deepwater SURF system installation analyses similar to LS17-2 Project.
- Extensive experience of structural engineering analysis software such as STAAD, ANSYS, etc,
- Shall have project engineer experience onboard offshore installation vessels working on SURF system installation projects.
- Eng / B.Sc in Naval Architecture or equivalent Engineering / Science discipline.
- Further SURF-specific qualifications (e.g. M.Eng, M.Sc, Software training etc) would be advantageous.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.