4 days left
- Full Time
Our client, a major oil and gas company, is seeking a Contracts Advisor to work in Houston, Texas.
- The Contracts Advisor position is responsible for preparing contracts for medium to complex risk/value initiatives.
- Responsible for all aspects of the end-to-end contracting process. For contract planning, provides guidance for the Business Unit in collaboration with Category Management and business owners in assembling the contracting plan, achieving Contract Review Committee (CRC) or applicable governing body endorsement and managing ongoing contracting activities.
- Responsible for Supplier Qualification and Risk Management and guides development of mitigation plans.
- Leads contract formulation and guides business owners on transactions and trade-offs regarding compensation methods and spend channels, as well as ensuring comprehensive and well-written scopes of work. Determines applicable terms and conditions and educates business owners on implications in the contracting process. Experience in creating new contracts, renewing existing contracts and negotiating contracts with new and existing suppliers. Fluency on completing appropriate technical and commercial analysis to procure a variety of services at the best overall conditions. Able to support multiple contracting requests for various departments.
- Leads teams in medium to complex sourcing processes; formulates contract strategies and bid/sourcing documentation. Responsible for developing bid documents, contract negotiation strategies, bid evaluations and contract documents. Manage end-to-end sourcing process of gathering, validating information from business owners, suppliers and procurement peers required for contract formulation. Apply in-depth knowledge of contracting terminology and terms and conditions for various Chevron contracting requests.
- Develops negotiation plans, negotiates commercial and legal terms and conditions, and conducts quantitative comparisons of costs/pricing; evaluates impact on total cost of ownership (TCO) and recommends course of action. Collaborate and work directly with Legal, Tax and other Subject Matter Experts, as necessary, on negotiated terms.
- Manages all aspects of work in compliance with policies and procedures, and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Knowledge and proven experience in developing and ensuring effective utilization of catalog pricing. Ensure resolution to complex tax issues and invoicing problems in Company's systems.
- Manage the overall performance of vendors in terms of quality, cost and delivery of service and ensure all aspects of vendor Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are consistently met.
- Collaborate with Company's Finance team to review, validate, and update the accuracy of provided cost elements. Ensure Procure-to-Pay deliverables are met; e.g. cycle time, on-time delivery, and catalog utilization.
- Enable the advancement of the procurement function through development, improvement and implementation of procurement practices.
- Responsible for completing appropriate technical and commercial analysis to procure a variety of services at the best overall conditions.
- Bachelors degree in a technical or business related field such as Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Business Administration, or Finance.
- 4+ years of direct contract development and contract formulation experience in lieu of Bachelors degree.
- 4+ years direct Supply Chain Management and contract development and formulation experience, including leading all aspects of contract planning, contract formulation, sourcing and negotiations, and supplier management.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge and skill in standardized end-to-end contracting processes for medium to complex (risk and value) scopes of work. Extensive knowledge of applicable contracting policies and a solid communicator both in writing and orally.
- Understanding of business and external (suppliers and regulatory) drivers. Ability to effectively sync and integrate P/SCM and BU business strategies in varying market conditions. Experienced and effective in interfacing with internal stakeholders such as Base Operations, Compliance, Legal, Finance, BU management, and external stakeholders
- Recognized by peers as a subject matter expert (SME) within contracting. Sought out as a resource for P/SCM knowledge. Highly effective in communicating to build teamwork and collaboration.
- Fluency in use of spend management and contracting technology tools (eg. SAP, Ariba, Spotfire, Power BI), along with a solid understanding of how the tools align with the processes and policies they support.
- High proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Access, SharePoint, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.