3 days left
- Full Time
Our client, a major oil and gas company, is seeking a Contracts Attorney to work in San Ramon, California.
Contracts Attorney will support the Downstream & Chemicals Business, in addition to other Corporate Business groups. This highly visible position has the opportunity to convert perm based on excellent performance and skills. The main function of the Contract Attorney is to manage and advise on incoming requests from various business partners and stakeholders relating to claim substantiation.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provide pre-publication review of marketing, public relations and advertising materials.
- Review and clear marketing materials to ensure compliance with applicable advertising regulations, company standards and industry standards (such as FTC Regulations & Guidelines).
- Partner with communications teams to identify necessary substantiation for claims made in corporate print, broadcast and digital advertising.
- Advise clients on social media, policy and other relevant issues, including disclosure requirements and endorsement guidelines on social media posts and advertising.
- Review marketing materials for TV and video services.
- Assist in obtaining affidavits and releases for use of intellectual property rights, including trademarks, copyright, name and likeness rights, etc.
- Oversee and assist with the development of claims process improvement initiatives across all brand groups as needed.
- Issue spot and review corporate marketing materials as produced and developed by Corporate Affairs department and outside agencies.
- Provide advice to business groups on all of the above topics.
- JD degree licensed to practice law required, preferably in California or Texas.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as an attorney supporting claim substantiation, advertising, marketing matters required.
- Expertise relating to claim substantiation, including the ability to effectively analyze and communicate legal issues across broad functional and organizational lines (e.g., procurement, business partners and attorneys) required.
- MS Office experience required - Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint
- Previous Attorney with Claim Substantiation, Advertising, Marketing experience within an Enterprise environment or law firm environment required
- A sound understanding of concepts relating to marketing, advertising, social media and intellectual property.
- Understanding and use of Social Media Platforms (such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn) required.
- Strong analytical ability and problem-solving skills required.
- Strong communications skills (both oral and written) required.
- Self-starter and fast learner, who has a passion to learn about new technologies and who is adept at working in a true team environment and partnering with business partners, senior management, clients, in-house counsel, outside counsel and staff.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Microsoft Office suite of tools and legal research applications.
- Strong organizacional skills.
- Ability to maintain high quality performance under tight deadlines and competing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Local candidates strongly preferred. If candidate is from outside San Ramon/Bay Area, candidate must be willing to relocate on their own.
- Prior experience in a fast-paced company while managing a high volume of work and competing deadlines.
- Experience with social media claim substantiation is highly desirable.