Senior Drilling Supervisor
4 days left
- Full Time
Senior Drilling Supervisor
Job Purpose & Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain HSE plans to execute drilling and completion, Workover and well intervention operations in accordance with GOAL Zero.
- Is fully conversant with Company and Contractor Emergency Response Procedures and ensures the rig is fully prepared for an emergency.
- Accountable for the investigation of incidents and compliance with the Company incident management requirements.
- Delivery of continuous HSE and Performance improvement through drilling contractor by building and maintaining an effective contract management plan.
- Compliance with Rules, regulations, in operating area.
- Implement and Manage SIMOPS.
- Support Start-up of a new JU rig to Company Operations. Rig Intake planning is expected to be a significant part of this role
- Ensuring performance delivery of a quality well: in time and in budget, meeting the agreed primary objectives stated in the well functional specification and further worked out in detail in the well design/technical specification.
- Identifying, initiating and implementing Technical Limit Drilling activities in the detailed planning and execution phases of assigned well projects (Best Practices screening, DWOP, Pre-spud, well section reviews and briefings of rig team and contractors).
- Budget and Cost Control, cost management, reporting in accordance with internal reporting requirements for wells.
- Provides clear and concise data / reports to office based Well Delivery team members of daily activities in terms of progress, waste generation and non-conformance.
- To co-ordinate HAZIDs & risk analyses related to well construction projects.
- To review HSE risk acceptance criteria and specific emergency preparedness requirements for well construction projects and update as required.
- To maintain an overview of all non-conformance which have arisen with regards to specific well construction projects.
- In co-ordination with the HSEQ coordinator, plan and perform HSEQ audits on contractors.
- To co-ordinate the preparation of the HSE case for the well construction project.
- To co-ordinate the preparation of the consent application.
- To follow up all incidents and non-conformance.
- To follow up the well specific HSE plan during the operations.
- To co-ordinate the environmental protection activities.
- To co-ordinate regular drilling unit inspections with drilling contractor and service companies, and act on the results of these.
- To co-ordinate rig specific HSE meetings with other operators if and when applicable.
- Ensuring compliance with the Well Construction process. Coordinating the development of a DDP and the information package for Authorities based on the agreed and reviewed WTS.
- Owner of consent application for rig activities, including Safety Case for unit.
- Ensuring that the well construction and associated plans and programs are developed and implemented in the most efficient, safe and cost effective manner, taking fully into account all Company and Legislative requirements and regulations, as well as Company Group guidelines.
- Managing the Company rig team and contractor staff including the service contractors for the well project.
- Participating in Concept & Design reviews to provide and shares expert knowledge with other members of the Well Delivery Teams.
- Ensuring that rig activities are executed as designed and seeks appropriate approvals for deviations from the objectives.
- Responsibility for compliance with HSE requirements, proactively stimulating HSE initiatives to meet targets and the investigation and reporting of incidents.
- Responsibility for the execution of activities within the constraints of site specific concurrent operations scripts.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with Asset staff to obtain optimal subsurface support throughout the execution phase of a well.
- Liaising with the Well Delivery Team Leader during the execution phase to support approval process in case of changes (AFE change control).
- Ensuring that rig team generates the required reports, including the End Of Well Report (EOWR) to record performance and ensuring that learning points are captured and documented.
- Ensuring input of learning into systems/databases, and reviews at regular intervals with other senior WE staff to identify and embed current best practices and standards to be applied.
- To motivate and provide technical support to all onsite service providers with the aim of promoting high levels of team spirit.
- Responsible for timely mobilisation of materials / equipment and service company personnel.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum 10 year's experience in Offshore Drilling Supervisory position on JU with rig start-up experience.
- Experienced HSE leader with evidence of good HSE performance in prior operations
- Performance Mind-set and Proven capability to drive delivery of Best-In-Class Wells
- Implementation and management of SIMOPS
- Round II or equivalent trade test and IWCF
- Strong contract management, business sense, cost awareness and a commitment to the HSEMS process.
Sthree UAE is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.