SURF Contract And Procurement Lead
3 days left
- Full Time
SURF Contracting and Procurement (CP) Lead
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop commercially competitive project sourcing strategies and tactics that meet the Business demand while taking into account potential implementation of Global Strategies at local/regional level.
- Conduct tenders, evaluate bids & drive negotiations with Suppliers.
- Ensure delivery & effectively manage contracts while continuously driving value improvement targets.
- Effectively manage contract claims and variations to achieve the best commercial outcome for the project team
- Identify, develop & implement supply chain improvement opportunities.
- Ensure Supply Chain Strategy supports Goal Zero Aspiration through implementation of robust Contractor Safety Management practices and alignment to Company's personal and process safety Goal Zero focus areas.
- Implementation of Contractor HSSE practices in close liaison with Contract Managers/Holders and Owners.
- Proactively identify & understand commercial/procurement needs from internal stakeholders and collaboratively propose competitive solutions. This may involve constructively challenging the Business demand &/or Procurement Practices in order to drive value and efficiency for the organization.
- Manage Supplier Relationship effectively and collaboratively drive continuous performance improvement via relevant contract key metrics (E.g: HSSE, Operations, Cost). This would involve constructively challenging the Suppliers in terms of the contract delivery and performance as well.
- Build and maintain strong network in the market, being fully aware of supplier developments and opportunities coming up in the market.
- Ensure strong connect across the wider CP Organization (E.g: Production, Wells, Projects, Operations, LMMM, Centre of Excellence) to ensure continuous cross sharing and leverage of best practices.
- Ensure collaborative ways of working with Global Category Team (only relevant for certain spend categories).
- Provides extensive coaching, support and guidance to other team members to ensure delivery of results where possible.
- Build effective working relationships with others and make constructive contributions within immediate team.
- Ensure application of the E2E CMCP process, using commercial judgement, common sense and a simplification mind-set, understanding the difference between non-negotiable compliance elements (Safety, Ethics & Compliance, Code of Conduct, Law) and CP operating practices, while always keeping enterprise business value in focus
Qualifications & Experience
The SURF Contracting and Procurement Lead shall have minimum Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering with at least 15 - 20 years' experience including proven long term comprehensive experience in Contracting and Procurement. He/She shall meet the following requirements;
- Proven track record of execution excellence & delivering results.
- Professional CP Qualification (e.g. MCIPS - Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply, ISM) would be an advantage.
- Highly tuned commercial acumen and curiosity with demonstrated ability to develop and deliver value from complex deals.
- Proven experience in contract negotiations & complex tender evaluation.
- Good understanding of strategic, technical, legal, finance, taxation and commercial issues.
- Highly driven, 'can do', inspiring, able to articulate in a crisp and precise manner
- Focused on tangible value outcomes for the enterprise, translates strategy to outcomes
- Brings external market/supplier into the conversation (curiosity)
- Mix of operational experience and global/regional corporate roles, multiple LoB
- Uncompromising on HSSE, ethics & compliance is a 'must have' in all CP
- Collaborates and integrates within CP and with business, enterprise first
- Understands business and speaks business language
- Has effective influencing skills and can flex his/her style to audience
- Proven track record of commercial acumen
- Continuous improvement and simplification mindset
- Enables and empowers team to contribute, recognises people (Engage & Perform)
- Passionate about developing people
- Strong and Proven Interpersonal, Influencing & Stakeholder Management Skills.
- Ability to cope with complexity & uncertainty and proven adaptability.
- Driven, Motivated & Passionate to drive positive change.
- Demonstrated ability to interact seamlessly and effectively with all levels of management
Sthree UAE is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.