Our client, a major oil and gas company, is seeking a Plant Operator to work in Lovington, New Mexico.
- Supports and complies with the policies, goals, efforts, and programs of COP's Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Management System.
- Ensures HSE issues are given primary consideration in all activities undertaken within area of responsibility.
- Models and coaches on behaviors to help a safety culture in which unsafe acts and/or conditions, no matter in what area of responsibility, are to be reported so corrective actions can be taken.
- Promotes a culture where setting goals, achieving and measuring results is expected. Maintain a triple zero environment.
- Daily monitoring and control of gas plant operations.
- Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Operates and trouble shoot gas compressors and natural gas engines.
- Typically requires 3-5 years of experience. Intermediate level.
- Provides technical/functional and/or administrative support.
- General working knowledge of specific systems, terminology and procedures used within the department.
- Responds resourcefully, flexibly, and positively when faced with challenges and demands.
- Performs routine and light duty maintenance on equipment.
- Prepare equipment for maintenance and surveillance of operating equipment.
- Collecting and testing of sour gas (H2S), water, and chemical samples.
- Knowledge and awareness of gas plant process safety management is desirable.
- Able to solve problems and make basic decisions.