Dynamic Positioning - Marine
1 day left
- Full Time
My client, a leading operator, is looking to add to their Dynamic Positioning team, in Paris. They ahave highlighted a desire for an individual with marine operations and offshore experience.
Provide technical support and operational assistance in the area of upstream marine operations (in particular DP assurance of deep offshore drilling rigs).
This will include but not be limited to:
- Review rig DP documentation;
- Issue recommendations for corrective actions and/or improvements;
- Assess DP position keeping capability in anticipated drilling location;
- Conduct on site DP audit.
Same exercise could also be required for support vessels associated with drilling rigs.
Conduct call for tender technical analysis and make technical recommendations for contractor and unit selection;
Conduct marine units vessels inspection (OVID, technical suitability, DP);
Provide ad-hoc marine advice and consultancy to support competencies assessment tool and marine rules technical writing.
- Extensive experience within Dynamic Postioning with some expreince as Master of a drillship;
- Merchant Marine Master or Chief Engineer (unlimited tonnage / power);
- Unlimited DPO certification;
- Previous shore based experience in drilling contractor, vessel operator or charterer's organisation;
- OVID accreditation although not a requirement will be considered as an advantage.
- Deep and broad knowledge of the marine offshore industry in particular in the area of dynamic positioning, including experience with FMEA study, proving trials and DP acceptance tests.
- Ability to initiate, analyse and develop proposals and solutions to a wide range of marine technical and operational issues.
- Starting date: 01st October 2019
- Duration: 12 months (with potential extension)
- Location (country/site): COMPANY office in Paris (Tour Coupole)
- Status (residential/rotational): Residential with frequent international travels including offshore locations
If you are interested in the opportunity or looking for more information, please apply above.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.