1 day left
- Full Time
Our client, a major Oil & Gas Company, is seeking a Technical Architect to work in an (initially) 5 months contract in Edmonton, Alberta - Canada.
- Combining multiple technologies to provide alternative physical solutions
- Providing technical oversight and QA to all project delivery teams
- Acting as the first point of contact (outside the project team) for all technical issues and problem resolution during project life cycle
- Translating technical requirements into resource requirements (estimations) and advising projects on optimal onsite-offshore mixing in the planning phase
- Understanding various tools and technologies on the market and their appropriate usage
- Performing analysis of business models, logical specifications and/or user requirements
- Contributing to the success of mission-critical, complex and large system projects/architectures design client/server open solutions
- Contributing to the direction of Client's current and future programming/systems initiatives
- Conducting independent analysis of and reviewing Client's technical and business requirement
- Recommending innovations which enhance the operation and functionality of Client systems
- 7-10 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of Integration, Blueprint, Big Data Migration, Cloud Implementation
- Deep experience in designing the technical architecture (including Enterprise Application Integration Architecture) to address complex business requirements, including design of entire system configurations (hardware, software, and communications, as appropriate).
- Ability to lead the direction, implementation, and integration of large Software as a Service (SaaS) Cloud initiatives.
- Experience in working/leading large data migration efforts (multiple systems consolidated into one).
- Able to lead a tool evaluation effort, including the definition of the evaluation criteria, identification of tools to be evaluated, and the actual evaluation.
- Able to work on various platforms, including mainframes, minis, and micros.
- Able to define a total disaster recovery plan and present the Client with various options.
- Able to work with and manage multiple suppliers.
- Able to perform as a Technical Team Leader when necessary.