Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek a Designer III to work within their facilities located in La Port, TX for an initial 9-month contract, likely to be extended.
Within this position you will be responsible for performing routine design projects, which need knowledge and skill in basic drafting methods, procedures, and knowledge of certain industry standards under close direction.
Day to day responsibilities:
· CADD drawings from design sketches or listed information
· Formulate simple engineering and constructions drawing from scratch, sketches or spoken instruction, using manual or computer-assisted drafting/design procedures
· Perform correlated fundamental engineering support tasks such as updating computer lists, filing prints, distributing drawings, making simple calculations, checking reports, compiling Bills of Materia
· Maintain supervisor informed of progress
Previous education and experience required:
· High school education or equivalent
· Elementary drafting technology
· 10+ years of technical experience
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using full numbers, common fractions, and decimals
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
· Applicable knowledge of algebra and basic trigonometry proficiency in using manual drafting methods for a diversity of non-routine projects
· Knowledge in CADD equipment