Our client, a major Oil & Gas company, is seeking a Python Developer to work a 4-month contract within their facilities in San Ramon, CA. This is a W2 contract - we do not work C2C.
* Lead development of advanced custom environmental models for spill forecasts.
* Work with Senior Environmental Scientist(s) to create custom models with map overlays of forecasted spill trajectories.
* Work with stakeholders to run simulations on vendor solution using Python bindings.
* 5-7+ years of app development and python development experience
* Understanding of object-oriented programming, software architecture and design as well as API development
* Usage of a configuration management system, git source control system
* Active development experience in python on a windows environment
* Solid scripting skills, ability to troubleshoot complex solutions and derive at appropriate actions to take
* Build reusable code and libraries for future use
* Coordinate with internal teams to understand user requirements and provide technical solutions
* Experience with installing python bindings and utilities using python distributions and writing interfaces to it