Project Accounting Advisor II
Our client, a midstream company, is seeking a Project Accounting Advisor II to work a 1-year contract within their facilities in Houston, TX.
This role will support Project Accounting activities including daily, weekly costing of entries and support account reconciliations and collaborating with internal and external groups such as financial reporting, internal controls and project teams.
- Run daily and monthly PA processes and correct periodic error messages.
* Enter/Upload PA miscellaneous transactions
* May process weekly HR labor files and contractor burden
* Respond to PA support emails and phone calls
* Set up IP and business development projects
* Run Capital Interest monthly
* Prepare Journal Entries using Oracle/ERP system and calculations as needed for reclassification, cancellation of projects
* Analyze Account Balances and prepare reconciliations monthly.
* Conduct monthly PA close activities including clearing exceptions and closing PA sub-ledger
* Prepare internal and external reporting deliverables including ACFFO/DCF/Capex.
* Collaborate with Reporting team and Fixed Asset team in support of monthly reporting
* Analyze accounting transactions.
* Escalate issues to Advisor and/or Supervisory for resolution as needed.
- BA/BS in Finance or Accounting
* Professional Accounting Designation or working towards one.
* A minimum of 3 years of related experience in an accounting environment.
* Experience with Oracle ERP systems, specifically Oracle Project Accounting and Project Management modules.
* Knowledge of Power Plan preferred.
* Strong Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and system knowledge using querying tools and pivot tables.
* Sound knowledge of and ability to apply accounting, auditing, tax, and regulatory standards and principles