Our client, a Canadian multinational energy company, is seeking someone for a Cost Analyst to work within their facilities located in Edmonton, AB.
Primarily responsible for handling the Company's cash activities, including reconciling and recording all cash transactions and preparing bank reconciliations and analysis. This position plays a vital role in the department and is critical to the success of our company.
- Assigned to projects of more than $50MM/year with multiyear duration with an extreme level of complexity.
- Expert understanding of best management practices for project control, forecasting and reporting
- Ability to design and implement processes for project cost control, identify gaps and correct where necessary Ability to manage multiple tasks and to work with minimal level of supervision Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices
- Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- May lead functional teams or projects
- Is recognized as an expert in own area within the organization
- Progression to this level represents a candidate who would be suitable for transitioning to a full Project Management role.
- Teaches project controls theory across functional areas in Major Projects.
- Ability to give clear direction and support to Project Execution personnel.
- Leads project teams.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills/facilitation.
- Seen as a Project Controls expert across Major Projects department.
- Can troubleshoot specific controls issues and make applicable changes.
- Post-secondary education is a must
- Bachelor's degree in financial discipline, engineering, or technical field.
- 10+ years working experience, including 2+ years of relevant project experience.
- Must be a proven high performer, based on prior performance reviews.
- Completion of a Certified Cost Engineer (AACE's CCC/ CCE) or Project Management Professional credential (PMP) is preferred.
- Excel skills are a must
- Proficient in the use of SAP