Senior Controls and Umbilical Engineer
* Plan, detail and review technical documentation relating to topside and subsea controls systems, instrumentation and umbilicals.
* Undertake, and check others', analysis, design and engineering activities associated withMaster Control Station, Power distribution unit, SCM, Control Systems, Umbilicals, Cables etc specification, fabrication, testing and installation.
* Manage provision of deliverables such as calculations/definition for umbilical core design (hydraulic/electrical), determination of interfaces betweenMCS/SCS/valves/instrumentation, medium voltage power distribution, single and 3-phase Distribution Systems and Switchgear, etc.
* Ensure design and detailing in accordance with acknowledged industry Codes, Standards and Design Guides (e.g. API, DnV, ISO); Client Specifications and Scopes of Work.
* Production and checking of design documentation including feasibility reports, detailed design reports, construction drawings, design specifications, material take-offs, weight control calculations, etc.
* Liaise with associated subsea related disciplines and understand the interfaces within a project
* Provide engineering assistance during mobilisations and occasional periods of offshore or site working, including FATs, SITs, Pre-commissioning, etc.
* Provide technical engineering support to other departments within the Central Engineering Group, the Project Engineering Group, and to colleagues in terms of training and mentoring.
* Participate as required in events such as Bid Clarifications, Kickoff meetings, HIRAs, Design Reviews, etc.