Principal Structural Engineer
Worley require a Principal Structural Engineer to provide structural engineering support to the Brae Bravo Removal Project, this includes the topsides and jacket removal scopes.
The majority of the detail design scope will be carried out by the removal contractor and the expectation is that the structural engineer will:
- Provide structural engineering leadership for the removal scope and the identification of all requirements.
- Provide 'client level' assurance reviews of the structural engineering carried out.
- Work closely with the removal contractor, structural engineering consultant, verifier and marine warranty surveyor. This will include business trips to Holland.
- Interface between the project, the client Decommissioning Team and the client Structural TA.
- Collaborate internally within the client and with their HES discipline to assist in preparation of the safety case and consult with the HSE on their requirements.
- Act as project rep on the HLV during the preparation and lift phases.
It is anticipated that the engineer will work closely with the client project lead, with minimal additional support from the existing structural engineering resources within the client organisation. As such offshore structural engineering experience is required along with strong technical and leadership skills. Ideally the engineer would have experience of heavy lift vessel operations and decommissioning activities. This is an opportunity to join an interesting project removing one of the largest UK offshore structures.
The topside removal is planned for summer 2021, and thus it is expected that this will require long term support from the successful candidate. It is also a high profile project so we are looking to attract high calibre candidates.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject
- Chartered Engineer in appropriate engineering subject
- Valid offshore BOSIET, MIST and medical certification
- Experienced engineer with sound technical background and expertise, with experience of offshore Operations support including HLV
- Experienced in the use of appropriate codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation
- Experienced in the use of design and assessment methods used within discipline
- Experience with decommissioning methods, heavy lift, platform lift
- Competent in use of analytical methods used within discipline including theoretical background for analysis programs
- Able to estimate man-hours and materials for delegated aspects of work
- Able to work with other disciplines and draughting sections to meet delivery dates.
- Able to work collaboratively within a Client Operator organisation