Based in Nigeria, and reporting to the CEO and functionally to Africa P&O Director, the Project(s) Director role is to ensure that local Projects are executed in accordance with company procedures, Clients and Contracts’ requirements, meeting targets set in terms of QSHE, budget and schedule.
In charge of the local Project Managers’ population, he has the authority to act and commit on behalf of the company management and is responsible for the delivery of the local projects.
- Develop and manage the population of local Project Managers
- Establish with the Clients and within each Project Team, a Project vision, goals and success criteria and implement these.
- Together with his Project Managers, ensure Project Execution Plans are established for completion of the Projects demonstrating excellence throughout.
- Put forward a clear understanding of HSES throughout the Projects and be seen as positively influencing Safety culture and measures in all Projects phases, encouraging and supporting initiatives.
- Ensure the implementation of an effective Risks and Opportunities Management system for each project.
- Establish the Project organisation and secure sufficient and qualified resources throughout the duration of the Project.
- Manage and contribute to the development of the human resources assigned to the project and ensure their yearly appraisal in liaison with the functional departments.
- Ensure clear lines of responsibility, clear split of scope of work, clear communication channels and decision-making processes throughout the Project Organisation.
- Develop “team spirit” throughout the Project for maximum understanding and ownership of Project goals at all levels to enhance Project performance.
- Establish a positive working relationship with all Clients participating to Steering Committees when required.
- Ensure regular feedback of “lessons learnt” is done at each project completion.
- Ensure that company systems and tools are in place to allow real-time monitoring of project parameters and performance indicators.
- Together with the Project Managers, identify and manage Contract changes and notify Companies in a timely manner, of their impact on costs, work schedule and Contract obligations.
- Through regular contacts with the Functional Managers, align on project resources needs and performance
- Ensure that the Projects financial results are within target or above and initiate any corrective action that may be required for this purpose.
- Accurate and timely reporting of Projects status to Company and to management.
- Ensure proper closing out of the Contracts, both with Company and Subcontractors.
- For GPC projects, align with the Projects & Operations Director and the Project Directors about expectation, and ensure competent resources and support are provided for successful delivery of the same
- Engineering Degree associated with Mechanical, Civil, Offshore or Marine disciplines.
- 25 years’ Experience in Project Management
- Experience in West Africa and Nigeria is a plus.
- Experience in pipelay
- Fluent in English Language
- Competent in Microsoft Office
- Planning and review
- Strong communication
- People development
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Stakeholder Management
- Financial management and reporting
- Risk management
- Knowledge of Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental best practice
- Knowledge of Project Management, Planning and Performance
The Project Director will be expected to carry out the work under the following conditions:
- Position based in Nigeria, full time.
- Standard working hours but occasionally will be expected to work extended hours to meet critical deadlines
- It is not expected that the Project Director will have to work full time offshore (however vessels have to be visited on a regular basis when offshore operations are going on)
- It is expected that the Project Director will have to visit fabrication yards, Construction vessels, and main Subcontractors during the course of the Project.
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager Ivan Robles.