Mechanical Construction Superintendent (Omani National)
Paragon GE is looking for a Mechanical Construction Superintendent (Omani National), for a staff position with an Oil and Gas Operator in Oman. The Mechanical Construction Superintendent working as the client representative responsible for supervising various mechanical contractors / sub-contractors engaged in the implementation of range of mechanical projects associated with the field’s development plans.
Position Title: Mechanical Construction Superintendent (Omani National)
Residential or Rotational: Rotational
Staff or Temp: Staff
Expected package: To be discussed
Location: Field based, Oman
Job Description/Major Duties (general job functions, responsibilities, day-to-day tasks & activities)
The Mechanical Construction Superintendent working as the client representative responsible for supervising various mechanical contractors / sub-contractors engaged in the implementation of range of mechanical projects associated with the field’s development plans.
The Mechanical Construction Superintendent responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide field supervision and progress reports all mechanical projects.
- Interface with Construction and operations team leads, engineering and construction contractors.
- Ensure all Piping and Mechanical activities are executed safely for on-plot and off-plot works as applicable.
- Coordinate with the Field Engineering and Mechanical Engineering department for the delivery of Work packs/ drawings in accordance with the construction schedules.
- Ensure that all construction work is carried out in accordance with Permit to Work procedures, project drawings, and project priorities, identify, and correct any deviations.
- Promote awareness of the Company Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality policies, and procedures to achieve fit-for-purpose Construction and Commissioning engineering.
- Active participation on near miss and incident reporting programs.
- Monitor competence of contractor staff to meet the appropriate professional standards for the project execution.
- Responsible for ensuring the correct and proper implementation of the Management of Change process.
- To co-ordinate the communication of Best Practices by active participations on reviews and propose improvement on Mechanical standards and guidelines.
- Review of contractor Mark-ups drawings and handover dossiers.
- Promote training of local team to share and transfer of knowledge and experiences.
- Full knowledge, understanding and endorsement of all company HES policies, procedures, rules, regulations and certification requirements.
- Ensure availability of all subordinates for required HES training.
- Implement construction tasks as determined by HAZOP, HAZID’s, risk assessments, job safety analysis and safe methods of working.
- Assist in major incident investigation and reporting as required.
- Assist in the maintenance and audit of the certification process.
- Assist the commercial and planning departments with progress updates and appraisals.
- Ensure that manpower resources including supervision are allocated to projects in accordance with the construction schedules.
- Ensure Supervisors monitor MEI Pack compilation and review dossiers prior to issue to QC.
- Ensure Supervisors monitor and record details of extra works and reimbursable items such as scaffolding.
- Ensure tracking and supervision of works related to implementing engineering technical responses to TQ’s is done and subsequently signed off at completion.
- Check MTO availability on site and identify short falls.
- Participate in on site PSSR-B activities through to hand over to Commissioning/Operations as required.
- Ensure that mechanical subcontractors are working in accordance with the construction schedule.
- Provide project progress reports as directed by the Site Construction Manager.
- Ensure all installation activities are carried out in accordance with the applicable rules and regulations.
- Coordinate all works with other construction disciplines and agree priorities.
- Ensure compliance with Health, Safety, Environmental and Security (HES) responsibilities.
- Ensure training mine modules are performed and never get into an overdue condition.
- Upon receipt of AFC W/P conduct further checks on any missing detail, terminations, inter disciplinary checks, material issues/short falls, raise any OMSR’s issues and monitor delivery dates.
- Assign the works to Supervisors and fully monitor their performance.
- Assist in the raising any necessary engineering SQ’s & TQ’s
- Ensure JSA, constructability study and other field construction related studies are performed.
- Ensure red line mark ups (and as built) are performed and checked.
- Liaise with Maint/Ops on critical tie-ins/shut downs.
- Conduct construction meetings with Contractor project managers to plan future short & long term activities.
- Daily meeting with Supervisors to discuss any issues on daily work fronts and coordinate work areas.
- Random work site visits checking Quality, relevant drawings/Work pack revisions, PTW documentation, general housekeeping and any HES issues.
Requirements (Education required, background, experience, skills)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 8 years of experience in Mechanical area in construction in oil and gas / petrochemical industry OR College Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 10 years of experience in mechanical area in construction in oil and gas / petrochemical industry.
- Minimum of 4 years in supervisory role in the Mechanical field.
- Good communication skills.
- Good PC skills.