Senior Mechanical Technician (Omani National)
4 days left
- Full Time
Paragon GE is looking for a Senior Mechanical Technician (Omani National), for a staff position with an Oil and Gas Operator in Oman.
Position Title: Senior Mechanical Technician (Omani National)
Residential or Rotational: Rotational
Staff or Temp: Staff
Expected package: To be discussed
Location: Field based, Oman
Job Description/Major Duties (general job functions, responsibilities, day-to-day tasks & activities)
This position is field oriented and centrally based within the maintenance department. The Senior Mechanic will report to the Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor and be responsible in leading Mechanical Technicians.
The Senior Mechanical Technician responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Comply and ensure adhering all written maintenance procedures, Job plans, and work instructions for routine and non-routine activities on critical or non-critical high-value equipment.
- Senior Mechanic will be responsible to take a lead for services, overhauls and maintenance activities of mechanical equipment’s to ensure maintenance activities are carried out as planned within set time, as well delivering high quality and as per HES standards in order to maintain high reliability & availability of mechanical equipment.
- Receives work schedule from Mechanical specialist.
- Identify spare parts required for overhauling and maintenance activities of mechanical equipment and liaise with Warehouse personnel.
- Carry out overhauling and maintenance activities of mechanical equipment (pumps, compressors, gas turbines, etc.).
- Liaise with planning section.
- Support the sustainability of daily planning and reporting.
- Take a lead during major overhauls & services.
- Exercise labour control to assigned mechanics.
- Familiar with using precision measuring equipment.
- Provide technical assistance to mechanics.
- Liaise with condition monitoring personnel to troubleshoot mechanical equipment.
- Take part in commissioning of new equipment.
- Provide inputs during root cause analysis (RCA).
- Play a role in training mechanics to improve their technical and leadership skill levels.
- Act for Mechanical specialist in his absence.
- Ensure adherence to company’s HES rules & regulations
- Insure complete all training mine assigned to you.
- Insure completing the minimum per shift requirement of eP2.
Requirements (Education required, background, experience, skills)
- College Diploma with minimum of 7 years of experience in mechanical area OR General Diploma certificate (Secondary School) with minimum of 10 years of experience in mechanical area.
- Knowledge in equipment spare parts and can read & interpret equipment manuals and drawings to identify parts.
- A minimum of 2 years as Senior Mechanical is preferred in oil & gas industry.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter and deals well with ambiguity.
- Experienced in maintenance of gas turbines, reciprocating & centrifugal compressors, multi-stages pumps, gear boxes, etc.
- Knowledgeable in equipment spare parts and can read & interpret equipment drawings to identify parts.
- Worked with MAXIMO applications. MAXIMO knowledge will be an advantage.
- Good PC skills.
- Be in possession of Omani driving license.