Mechanical Technician (Omani National)
Paragon GE is looking for a Mechanical Technician (Omani National), for a staff position with an Oil and Gas Operator in Oman.
Position Title: Mechanical Technician (Omani National)
Residential or Rotational: Rotational
Staff or Temp: Staff
Expected package: To be discussed
Location: Field based, Oman
Job Description/Major Duties (general job functions, responsibilities, day-to-day tasks & activities)
The position will be field orientated and centrally based within the maintenance department. The Mechanical Technician will report to the Mechanical Maintenance Coordinator.
The Mechanical Technician responsibilities include but not limited to:
- The Mechanical Technician will be responsible to take job order for services, overhauls and maintenance activities of mechanical equipment to ensure maintenance activities are carried out as planned within set time, high quality and as per HES standards in order to maintain high reliability & availability of mechanical equipment’s.
- Receives work schedule from Coordinator.
- Identify spare parts required for overhauling and maintenance activities.
- Carry out overhauling and maintenance activities of mechanical equipment’s (pumps, compressors, engines, etc).
- Support the sustainability of daily planning and reporting.
- Take part in commissioning of new equipment.
- Provide inputs during root cause analysis (RCA).
- Ensure adherence to company’s HES rules & regulations.
Requirements (Education required, background, experience, skills)
- College Diploma with a minimum of 3 years of experience in the Mechanical area OR General Diploma Certificate (Secondary School) with a minimum of 5 years of experience in the Mechanical area.
- At least 3 years of mechanical maintenance experience, preferably in oil & gas industry.
- Experienced in maintenance of gas turbines & centrifugal compressors, multi-stages pumps, etc.
- Experienced in maintenance of reciprocating engine and compressor (White Superior 16SGT, 8GTL, Cat 3612, 3516, 399, Waukesha 12 and 16 VHP 9490, VHP 9394, H24GLD, Ariel JGM, JGP, Superior MH64 and WH 64 & WG74.
- Knowledgeable in equipment spare parts and can read & interpret equipment manuals and drawings to identify parts.
- Goof PC skills.
- Good communication skills and safety conscious.
- Self-starter and deals well with ambiguity.
- Relates well to people and can effectively communicate to an operating staff of various skill levels.