Automation Supervisor (Omani National)
4 days left
- Full Time
Paragon GE is looking for an Automation Supervisor (Omani National), for a staff position with an Operator in Oman.
Position Title: Automation Supervisor (Omani National)
Residential or Rotational: Rotational
Staff or Temp: Staff
Expected package: To be discussed
Location: Field based, Oman
Job Description/Major Duties (general job functions, responsibilities, day-to-day tasks & activities)
The Automation Supervisor position is a field orientated and centrally based within the maintenance department. The Automation Supervisor is responsible of increasing the run-time availability of all operating equipment, to meet the target KPI’s of maintenance department.
The Automation Supervisor will be required to improve and transform the very large fibre optic network. The Automation Supervisor is responsible of large network that has ESP’s and RTU’s and remote PLC Locations, And will be required to be mapped and verified and maintained to a higher standard than of troubleshooting of any failure on the network. The Automation Supervisor will also be responsible for running a FO team capable of using Fibre Optic (OTDR’s) OTDR (Optical time-domain reflectometer and Fusion splicing Equipment to pinpoint fault locations and repair and mitigate impact of Cut or damaged Fibre Optics.
The Automation Supervisor on will work on improving and manage maintenance standards and Best Practices, with greater documentation aids and reporting systems for assisting Day to day operation.
The Automation Supervisor will be required to Train and mentoring Omani employees in all aspects of Automation, Network Design and engineering, Iconics Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) Development ,OPC Data base management, programmable logic controller (PLC), (RTU) Remote Terminal Units programming, Power Generation/Gas Compression control, instrumentation and associated electrical systems.
In Addition, the Automation Supervisor will develop and maintain programmable logic controller (PLC) software, SCADA systems, data, the Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) and able to interface PLC with Variable Frequency Drives, as well as the Automation Supervisor Must be Familiar with a wide range of field instrumentation and the Rockwell Control Logix 5000, PLC 5 and SLC 500 Automation Platforms.
The Automation Supervisor will support and guidance to commissioning teams, inforce (OEM) Original Equipment Manufacture vendors during key maintenance & commissioning activities.
The Automation Supervisor responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Comply and ensure adhering all written maintenance procedures, Job plans, and work instructions for routine and non-routine activities on critical or non-critical high-value equipment.
- Supervise the departmental networking activities.
- Support the maintenance on managing activities and total backlog to have it within acceptable range.
- Creation maintenance procedures for end devices, transmitters and PLC logic.
- Will be directly involved in the MOC implementation.
- Integrate maintenance automation activities with field planned activities with maintenance planner.
- Support the department in the structuring and training of Omani Technicians, in the varied maintenance discipline areas to achieve preset goals and targets.
- Support project manager with project approval, control system & instrument engineering design.
- Review, procurement, construction, and participate on commissioning/startup.
- Assist in establishing standards, templates, and guidelines as applied to the automation system.
- On a major failure, to have an input on RCA Root Cause Analysis and work with technical advisor to have a final report.
- Work in the integrated network intervention team during pre-commissioning, commissioning, start-up and operation of new equipment’s.
- Assemble all required documentation and user manuals created during the development process in order to transfer essential knowledge to customer and end user.
- Manage automation portion of project budget and report VOWD Value Of Work Done on a monthly basis.
- Work Closely with Instrument Department and assist in trouble shooting problems.
Requirements (Education required, background, experience, skills)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with a Minimum of 5 years of experience in Instrumentation or Control System Association or College Diploma in Engineering with a Minimum of 7 years of experience Instrumentation or Control System Association.
- Strong knowledge in instrumentation calibration, operation, maintenance, including process control logic and communication protocols.
- Mentor automation and instrument technicians and interface with peers.