Trainee Construction Engineer
Worley are recruiting a Trainee Construction Engineer
Worley delivers projects, provides expertise in engineering, procurement and construction and offers a wide range of consulting and advisory services for our customers. As a global company, originating in Australia we employ over 25,000 personnel across 42 countries.
As a Worley Trainee you will join the Integrated Solutions business, based in Aberdeen, which delivers maintenance, modification, operations, engineering, fabrication, construction, hook-up and commissioning in support of greenfield and brownfield assets globally.
Worley recognises the importance of continual development, therefore you will join a four year structured programme, designed to provide you with the knowledge, skills and experience required as a Trainee Construction Engineer. You will join the Construction Management function and will work with a team of experienced engineers who will challenge and support you throughout your Traineeship. Our structured programme is designed to provide Trainees joining the Construction Management community of Worley with first-hand training and development, where you will also have the opportunity to achieve Professional Accreditation. Your work will include input into design, ensuring implementation of construction best practice and development of optimum, sequenced build philosophies in support of schedule and cost reduction Management and execution of offshore hook up of new facilities and extensive offshore modification work scopes.
- Support day-to-day Construction, Commissioning and Completions activities / personnel in the safe and structured delivery of the work scope and processes, ensuring all applicable site / Project safety procedures are fully and properly implemented.
- Actively participate in all Company and Project safety initiatives.
- Conduct thorough Construction Workpack reviews and assess whether scope requirements are met - ie. Constructability of the design, safety, job card estimates, materials and tooling etc.
- Review and progress Construction Workpack close out in-line with actual site Construction progress, ensuring relevant documents are inserted / signed off accordingly - ie HIRA, job cards, site queries, as-built drawings etc.
- Where required, raise site queries and propose site solutions for issue to the Project Engineering team prior to executing the works on site. Track, monitor and report on all site query status and ensure Site Queries are closed-out in accordance with Project procedure.
- Provide a link between the Construction and the Engineering departments of the Project - assist with site surveys, design changes, constructability etc.
- Monitor and report progress on a regular basis - daily / weekly / monthly.
- Attend / input in Project meetings - daily / weekly / monthly.
- Assist Project Controls / Planning to produce the Project Daily Report - compile discipline summaries via Foremen.
- Provide a link between the Project and the Office Support Team to assist with ad-hoc requests - POB count, holiday requests, pay queries etc.
- Audit site / Project activities on a regular basis to ensure all compliance with Project safety, environmental and quality requirements.
- Maintain primary contact with Vendors / Sub-Contractors site representatives.
- Be fully familiar with Vendors / Sub-Contractors methods of construction, programming and procedures and resolve any apparent conflicts.
- Liaise with the Project Engineering office to ensure P&ID's and other drawings are produced in line with construction requirements
Required qualifications / certification:
- Essential - Minimum HNC in a related subject with relevant work experience OR completion of a relevant Apprenticeship with considerable hands-on construction experience
- Desirable - BOSIET / Approved Offshore Medical / CA EBS / MIST / Safety Passport
Experience and Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills
- Knowledge of Construction / Completions / Commissioning practices and procedures
- Experience with Project management tools / production of detailed procedures / documents / reports
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to safety
- Flexible / able to comply / adapt to Company / Client requirements
- Delivery focused and committed to achieving of Project / Company goals
- Able to interact with management / personnel at all levels - committed team player
- Maintains pride in presentation / output Enthusiastic, conscientious and keen to learn Flexible with a can-do attitude
- Commitment to involvement in industry / educational / STEM seminars and activities