Exporation Reservoir Engineer
Exploration Reservoir Engineer
Our client is one of the largest oil producers in the UK North Sea, contributing more than 25% of the UK's oil production, and 10% of the country's energy needs.
This role provides critical reservoir engineering support to the UK and Africa Exploration businesses, driven by success and growth activities.
The Reservoir Engineering Advisor will work independently and within multi-disciplinary teams to support the evaluation, planning and operation of exploration and appraisal projects. In addition, this position will require close coordination with Exploration, Subsurface and Drilling teams in the UK and abroad, to ensure alignment and collaboration in evaluating decision opportunities.
You will achieve this by:
- Supporting Exploration teams in the evaluation and maturation of leads and prospects, including technically robust assessments for resource potential, fluid properties and production forecasting.
- Undertake planning for exploration and appraisal wells. Help design the reservoir evaluation program and assist in the log analysis, fluid analysis, and core analysis efforts. Collaborate with the project subsurface and operations teams.
- Provide operational support as required during formation evaluation operations and assist in making decisions on data quality.
- Evaluate and perform detailed assessments of new venture projects, license round applications or production acquisition candidates.
- Assist in performing risked economic assessment including decision tree analysis.
- Foster strong teamwork and collaboration within exploration and supporting teams.
- Participate in peer assists, technical assurance reviews and competitive technical intelligence activities.
- Attend partner meetings and provide technical input to the reservoir and operational concerns.
Who are we looking for?
- Strong and broad knowledge of reservoir engineering, with particular experience in supporting exploration and appraisal activities.
- Reservoir engineering experience including material balance, well test analysis, PVT analysis, nodal analysis, and uncertainty analysis.
- Good understanding of integration with other disciplines including geology, geophysics, petrophysics, drilling, completions and production technology.
- Works in a collaborative style and actively seeks to build networks.
- Shares knowledge and participates in joint initiatives and problem-solving activities.
- Works well under pressure and delivers timely results.
- Able to balance multiple assignments and prioritize effectively.
- Able to work independently when required.
- Personal commitment to organisational and technical excellence.
- Experience across a variety of fluid types (from oil to gas condensates) would be beneficial.
- Experience in the UK North Sea or West Africa would be beneficial.
- Experience with HPHT reservoirs would be beneficial.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to perform well in this role we want to hear from you. Please follow the link to apply.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.